Ducati.org forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well today I installed my battery and fired up the Duc took it for a ride and on the way back my right side fairing left the bike. I guess the bottom was not done up so now I,m looking for a right side 2003 bipost Ducati 999 fairing in red. Does anyone have one for sale?

·
Registered
2,127 Posts
Did you check Gotham-cycles.com?

·
Registered
542 Posts
I have a set of old fairing. Not in the best shape but can be fixed. Let me know if your interested and I'll send you a few pics

·
Registered
13 Posts
Possible fairing parts

There is a red set that a mechanic near here is selling as a track set. I will check out the condition and let you know Monday. I assume you want the lower side and boomarang. You did not pick up the the pieces?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I picked up the pieces. I only need the upper and lower the boomerang turned out unscathed. I have all the hardware. When it left the bike it did not hit the ground but flew off into a bush so no road rash but the upper and lower are toast at the mounting points

·
Registered
92 Posts
I think they are the former, but I can't recall for sure whether these are different pictures of the same fairing or of different fairings and all my leftover parts are boxed up at the present. Did your missing fairing look like any of these? I can unbox my parts tomorrow to confirm, if you'd like.

jD
[email protected]

Attachments

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
They look the same except on the bottom mine only had one mounting hole. Do you know if they are from a 2003?

·
Registered
92 Posts
If the Commonwealth Ducati parts fiches for the 999 are correct, the 1993 lower half fairing had only one mounting hole on its bottom, but the 1995 lower half fairing had two holes, so the one of mine in the pictures is probably not from a 2003 superbike.

FWIW, my 999 was a 2005. I purchased some extra pieces off the Internet that were advertised as proper fitment for a '05 or '06 bike, only to discover upon their arrival, that they were not. One piece was a lower left-hand side fairing, shown in this picture next to the fairing I previously posted. The LLH fairing has only one mounting hole and is probably from a 2003 or 2004 superbike.

I mention all this so you too won't get hornswoggled by an unscrupulous seller.

Attachments

1 - 11 of 11 Posts