Ducati.org forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello just picked up a 999 and want to put on an open clutch cover. Do I need to install a new pressure plate to make it look sweeter? If so can a monkey like me install it myself or is it a job for my dealer? HELP, HELP

·
Registered
1,111 Posts
You don't need an aftermarket pressure plate, but it'll def look a little more trick if you got one with an open clutch cover.

The install is also very easy. I just posted a how-to in the tech section of this forum. It's the same procedure as with the 1098....

·
Registered
38 Posts

Vuman, I had a 999 Mono a few years ago and actually picked up the biposto rear subframe, seat, fairing etc. for around 1200 on ebay. Keep an eye out. When it came time to switch the mono for the bi it was a matter of 4 screws and a half hour later.

·
Registered
535 Posts
vuman said:
Hello just picked up a 999 and want to put on an open clutch cover. Do I need to install a new pressure plate to make it look sweeter? If so can a monkey like me install it myself or is it a job for my dealer? HELP, HELP

You can paint your original pressure plate.

·
Registered
535 Posts
vuman said:
thanks your awesome. Mine is a bi-posto I want to change to a mono, any suggestions?
There are several long tails that will allow you to retain the current Biposto subframe.

this is the one on my 999R:

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
So it is no use for me to pick up a mono-posto (S) seat cowl, because it won't fit? There is one on Ebay for dirt cheap.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts