Ducati.org forum banner

21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
The cerakote on the pipes looks great. Great progress, how much longer do you estimate for completion?
Thank you!! The half-ring replacement should come in next week so I can get on to the really big and exciting one, I'd say by end of the month - the engine start! After that, engine fine-tuning, test ride, then fairings on and she's done.

I've also been trying to connect up to the ECU via the VAG-COM cable, Fiat adapter and the JPdiag software, but haven't had a successful connection. I'm trying to get the JPdiag software unlocked to do the TPS reset. My preliminary guess is I'm using the wrong Windows version. Does anyone have any experience in that area??

·
Registered
1998 916 base. 2005 999r. 1969 Lambretta dl. 2019 Desert Sled. 1983 CR480R. 1989 RMX250
3 Posts
This is outstanding.

It's a shame so many people have abandoned forums for places like Facebook. Posts like this don't work well on Facebook and are impossible to find later.

This is g-d inspirational, especially after reading it's only your second bike.

If you're ever in the states (Colorado specifically) I'll buy you a beer or two and take you on some amazing roads.

·
Registered
1 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
Hi all,

Thank you Abnmike, those are kind words and I may be back in the States again soon so might take you up on that offer!

Edufox, thank you too! You look a lot like me in your profile pic, haha. Callipers are just as clean on the inside as they are on the outside! They were very fouled and it took days and days. I usually work with a damp microfibre cloth wrapped around the tip of a flat screwdriver - a normal sized screwdriver for regular cleaning and a long thin one for hard to reach areas. After that I'll hit all areas with Autosol polish with the same cloth, and lastly I'll finish off with a clean dry cloth. Yeah it's a long process. I tend to approach the restoration as "chipping away" until all is complete. I love breathing life into her and seeing the result.

Here's a quick update -

Half-rings arrived, so I could get on with the valve adjustment. Was a two-day affair. I actually came across another 3 fractured half-rings (!!) -

Radiator on and filled -

Flennor belts in and tensioned -

This was a screenshot from a video recording. She fired up and revs well, but cuts out and will not idle. It was as expected. I desperately needed to hook the laptop up to her, but as it turned out I had a bad VAG-COM cable which was causing the connection failure. So with that, I'm awaiting the replacement cable from the supplier and hoping the next update will be promising!

Until then, all comments and suggestions welcome!

21 - 25 of 25 Posts