Ducati.org forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Going to be doing my first track day on the 999S this weekend. I will be doing Novice this time since I am still learning the track and this bike.

Prepped a Triumph Speed Triple which did not take much and this wont either. Just wondering if anyone has any exp with this bike and track days. Sportbike Track Time is putting this on and its at NOLA ( New Orleans Motorsports Park )

Thanks

·
Registered
2,127 Posts
I'd just cover everything up for your first track day. Mirrors come off pretty easily and you can tuck the electrics into the nose fairing, then throw a zip tie on it to hold everything together. Outside of that, there isn't much more you can do besides tape it up. The headlight and rear light's should be unplugged before taping as when they're hot, they'll melt the tape which sucks. You should be able to reach the connector for the tail light from under the seat. But on this bike, the tail/seat/tank are kinda all connected together… so ya gotta kinda get the screw gun out and start undoing some screws. You should be able to raise the whole assembly up just enough to reach the cable and put it back down again without disconnecting the fuel lines.

Anyway, thats about all you can do without resorting to swapping out track fairings.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts