Ducati.org forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
6,786 Posts
Yeah I was wondering what would happen to this facility as I rode past it last week.

This sounds hopeful. All I've heard of has been some drift racing out there since Mitsubishi sold it.

For those who aren't aware of it, this is the area of land on the north-eastern side of the intersection of the Dukes Highway and the Mallee Highway east of Tailem Bend.

Just over an hour by road from Adelaide, which is similar to the distance out to Mallala. I hope it comes to fruition.

And I hope it is a faster layout than Mallala. That place just cooks your brakes.

:(

·
Registered
2,165 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It was interesting to here people complain that it is too far away from Adelaide .
Tailem Bend is only 90km from Adelaide on the freeway and situated where weather and noise does not seem a issue .
No pleasing some I guess .

·
Registered
2,165 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah I was wondering what would happen to this facility as I rode past it last week.

This sounds hopeful. All I've heard of has been some drift racing out there since Mitsubishi sold it.

For those who aren't aware of it, this is the area of land on the north-eastern side of the intersection of the Dukes Highway and the Mallee Highway east of Tailem Bend.

Just over an hour by road from Adelaide, which is similar to the distance out to Mallala. I hope it comes to fruition.

And I hope it is a faster layout than Mallala. That place just cooks your brakes.

:(

I suspect the Shahin family having a background in Porche racing will influence the layout of the track . These guys get things done quick I doubt they will drag their feet on this .

Reactions: Paul1198

·
Registered
6,786 Posts
Weather and noise won't really be an issue, although it's pretty exposed out there to heat or wind.

I make Tailem Bend about 100 kms from here (I used to drive out there for work years ago) and the circuit would be another 5 - 6 kms the other side, so easily done in a little over an hour on the SE Freeway.

Not too far if the place is any good. A lot of time and money between now and then though..

We got our hopes up over ACUSA Park (out of Nairne) years ago, but that came to nought.

I guess we'll wait and see..

:popcorn:

·
Registered
2,165 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I will take heat and wind over rain and wind compared to PI or Mac Park.
Wind is really not a issue out there in fact and as for heat it is no different than Mallala .

Reactions: 748R

·
Registered
2,165 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

·
Registered
2,165 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
Is that different to crashing in to wilks?:stickpoke

I won't drive 100k, 90k is fine. So this needs to be clarified soon,
There needs more discussion on this .

·
Registered
547 Posts
There needs more discussion on his .
Without a proper debate on this, the tracks development should be delayed indefinitely.

My initial thoughts, without the benefit of any actual facts. If I need to travel 10 klms further to the track from Adelaide, that will take me 6 minutes longer to get there, assuming I am travelling at 100klm per hour. If I also assume that I will go back to Adelaide the same day, so that's a total of 12 minutes lost, gone! never to be recovered, ever. If I go there say 5 time each year, I lose a whole hour! WTF!

Now that's a problem!

·
Registered
2,165 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Without a proper debate on this, the tracks development should be delayed indefinitely.

My initial thoughts, without the benefit of any actual facts. If I need to travel 10 klms further to the track from Adelaide, that will take me 6 minutes longer to get there, assuming I am travelling at 100klm per hour. If I also assume that I will go back to Adelaide the same day, so that's a total of 12 minutes lost, gone! never to be recovered, ever. If I go there say 5 time each year, I lose a whole hour! WTF!

Now that's a problem!
It's actually not as bad as you would think . It is a 110 km/h zone to Tailem Bend but about 4 k/m "approx" of 80k/m and another 4 of 60km/h.
No matter how you look at it I still think your going yo lose that 12 minutes there and back .
Fuck.

·
Registered
251 Posts
I know this is light hearted, but with some of the bitching and whining going on in Adelaide, makes me wonder why they'd bother?
I've heard so many on the radio complain how far away it is, but I bet they never got involved in the campaign to have one closer.

·
Registered
2,165 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I know this is light hearted, but with some of the bitching and whining going on in Adelaide, makes me wonder why they'd bother?
I've heard so many on the radio complain how far away it is, but I bet they never got involved in the campaign to have one closer.
Drag Racers ? They want to have mid week race meetings .
Can you imagine the noise restrictions anywhere closer .
Phillip Island even has quiet days these days .

1 - 15 of 15 Posts