Ducati.org forum banner
1 - 20 of 62 Posts

·
Administrator
2,954 Posts
Man, I've heard those are freaky! Hope your recovery goes smoothly...I hear the success rate is extremely high.

Gotta ask...was it riding related? :)

·
Registered
5,697 Posts
Shouldn't have been out there with no gear:):stickpoke:)
I kid... of course
I had a friend some years ago with this injury. He healed up well and hasn't had any problems.
With all injuries the important thing is to listen to your Doc. Take it easy and don't push it too soon'

Have a speedy recovery

·
Registered
791 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Man, I've heard those are freaky! Hope your recovery goes smoothly...I hear the success rate is extremely high.

Gotta ask...was it riding related? :)
Yeah, I got surgery coming up on Wednesday. Hoping I made the right decision to go with the surgery route.

No, it wasn't riding related. I was just getting my basketball cardio in and tried to take a fast first step and, pop... Crazy feeling too. I thought someone threw a basketball at my ankle. Then it was just a good amount of pain. tried to put my foot down and it felt like my foot was on a downhill ramp. It's been a bad week.

+1.
hope for a fast recovery.
No fun...... Good luck with rehabilitation!!!!
Thanks guys. Hoping so too.. Ortho said it'd be about 6-8 months before I can be active on it again. sucks...

·
Registered
791 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Shouldn't have been out there with no gear:):stickpoke:)
I kid... of course
I had a friend some years ago with this injury. He healed up well and hasn't had any problems.
With all injuries the important thing is to listen to your Doc. Take it easy and don't push it too soon'

Have a speedy recovery
LOL Thanks Enzo

·
Registered
4,317 Posts
Ouch. Hope it heals fast.

Reactions: StevenAthas

·
Registered
2,127 Posts
It's a very common injury in sports with jumping and heavy landings, kinda like ankle sprains.

I had a very mild case when I tripped over a tree root running in my neighborhood. I put my foot out to catch my fall and that was all it took. Seems stupid, but I also missed a few months of riding, but I healed up quick. My ortho wanted me to work the foot for a while and it came back to life after a week. But no serious walking, forget about jogging or running or riding. :(

Feel your pain! I don't do drugs, so first week was kinda painful for sure. :(

·
Registered
8,735 Posts
Ouch! That sucks, and hope you have an easy and successful recovery! I'm always afraid of freak injuries like this from doing common things...I mean you work out so that your body is in better shape, but then you end up hurting yourself :(. My brother tore a ligament or tendon in his knee several years ago from simply standing up from a squatting position...weird stuff!

On the bright side, it's your right foot...you don't need that much for riding. You can still shift fine, and you don't really need the rear brake. When coming to a stop, just put your left foot down first, and be extra careful with the injured one ;)

·
Registered
1,929 Posts

Have a speedy recovery
This .. Never underestimate the importance of patience and attention to the details when rehabbing..

Hope it goes smooth..

·
Registered
791 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thanks guys. Basically just going to be taking it easy for the next few months. No riding permitted unfortunately. First summer with the Duc too.. Very bummed

·
Registered
791 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Get better!

I'm in a similar boat. Been sick for the past moth or so. No energy, and shakes. Dr found a heart murmur, cleared that yesterday but they found I have a thyroid problem. I don't know how to describe it but I was off work yesterday it was 70+ sunny I wanted to ride but couldn't. Don't know how long this is going to drag on...
Hope it all works out T. I'm sure you'll be back riding in no time. Positive vibes your way.

·
Registered
262 Posts
I sympathize man. I'm 14 weeks into my hip surgery rehab, still no riding allowed. I'm itching to get back out on the track too, so I already signed up for May 25th at VIR. But I don't know if it's going to happen or not. I'm glad though that I haven't pushed the rehab -- slow steady improvement is the name of the game even though sometimes it feels easy. Remember that connective tissue heals slower than muscle, which is the frustrating part -- physically your muscles feel ready to go but your connective tissue just isn't there yet.

·
Registered
791 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Yeah, I'm not going to be rushing this rehab for sure. Just had my surgery about 8 hours ago and it hurts like hell. It's 4am right now and I keep waking up from the pain. I even thought about the no surgery route but I'm really active and I can't imagine not having full strength function in my right foot. 2 weeks in a cast, 6 weeks in a boot and 8 months of PT.

And I fucken want a cig so bad!!!

1 - 20 of 62 Posts