Ducati.org forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,
I live in British Columbia(Vancouver) and the dealer here has a 2013 Ducati 848 Evo with 13k on the odo for 12K

Here is the description given by them: 2013 Ducati 848 evo

condition: new
fuel: gas
odometer: 13000
transmission: manual

Fresh Desmo service and brand new rubber. Has a full Termignoni Exhaust, Carbon Levers, Sargeant comfort seats front and rear. Carbon fiber everywhere, Tinted DP windscreen, Competiton works fender eliminator and integrated signals.

Is it worth getting ?

Thanks

PS one thing I failed to get is, how is a bike with 13k on odo new ??

·
Registered
667 Posts
If you are looking for comparisons or something, my 2012 848 EVO 6,000 miles was $8000 at the Ducati dealer.

But lots of good info on this site. Does the bike have all it's service records? Does the place that is selling it have a good reputation? If it is a Ducati dealer, great.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
If you are looking for comparisons or something, my 2012 848 EVO 6,000 miles was $8000 at the Ducati dealer.

But lots of good info on this site. Does the bike have all it's service records? Does the place that is selling it have a good reputation? If it is a Ducati dealer, great.
Yeah its with a Ducati Dealer, so you think it's a great deal ? And I should go for it ?

How much do you think maintaining it us going to cost me ? And I'm going to be using it as my primary source of commuting, so should I go for it ?

I mean you own it, and will probably know better if it can be used as a primary mode of transportation...

Thanks

·
Registered
667 Posts
8,700 USD isn't bad. As long as it has been serviced properly. It should have the 600 mile (i don't know what that is in km) service, the 7500 mi service, and you're rolling up on the 15,000 mile service. The services are usually over $1000 usd, if I recall.

I am absolutely happy I went for the Ducati 848.

Maintenance on a Ducati is more expensive than other bikes. The dealer charges between $150 and $200 for an oil change. Doing it yourself is obviously cheaper. Around $70?

I use my 848 in the summer as my daily commuter. I am a fair weather rider. There are some posts about year round riding but not sure if that includes you notherners as I'm sure it's a different ballgame. First couple of weeks you might be a little sore if you're not used to the riding posture but your bike looks to have the sargeant seat which helps a lot.

All in all, we can't tell you that you'll love the bike. We don't know you. But I love my bike.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
8,700 USD isn't bad. As long as it has been serviced properly. It should have the 600 mile (i don't know what that is in km) service, the 7500 mi service, and you're rolling up on the 15,000 mile service. The services are usually over $1000 usd, if I recall.

I am absolutely happy I went for the Ducati 848.

Maintenance on a Ducati is more expensive than other bikes. The dealer charges between $150 and $200 for an oil change. Doing it yourself is obviously cheaper. Around $70?

I use my 848 in the summer as my daily commuter. I am a fair weather rider. There are some posts about year round riding but not sure if that includes you notherners as I'm sure it's a different ballgame. First couple of weeks you might be a little sore if you're not used to the riding posture but your bike looks to have the sargeant seat which helps a lot.

All in all, we can't tell you that you'll love the bike. We don't know you. But I love my bike.
Thanks for all the help man ! Appreciate it :)
Ride safe

·
Court Jester
12,114 Posts
and where you ride.

Commuting, I'm averaging around 130 miles on a tank in the Summer. My tanks of gas on 92 octane usually run from $6.00 - $9.00.
I'm running about 100 miles on my commute but I'm off and on a lot :)

You don't buy these bikes for MPG.

Reactions: mcriswell

·
Registered
667 Posts
I'm running about 100 miles on my commute but I'm off and on a lot :)

You don't buy these bikes for MPG.
Not at all. But I still eye my mpg on a tank to tank basis. I've done that on every vehicle I've ever owned or driven for an extended period of time. Call it curiosity. It also gives me an idea of how I'm riding her. If I go out for a weekend ride where I'm pushing her, I'm lucky to hit 100.

·
Court Jester
12,114 Posts
Not at all. But I still eye my mpg on a tank to tank basis. I've done that on every vehicle I've ever owned or driven for an extended period of time. Call it curiosity. It also gives me an idea of how I'm riding her. If I go out for a weekend ride where I'm pushing her, I'm lucky to hit 100.

Sorry was meant for the OP as far as wanting to know what kind of mileage, it just shouldn't be a reason to buy or not to buy if it is then its not for you is my line of thinking.

Nothing wrong with how you are looking at it.

·
Registered
142 Posts
i commute to work, keep it around 90 mph. I cant get 145 miles out of a tank of 91, which is about 10 bucks to fill up.

but OP, yes absolutely get the 848. you will love it :)

mine keeps a smile on my face the whole time i ride it

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 · (Edited)
xD Thanks for all the help guys ! It would be great if all of you could help me with just one more thing...

You see the cost of a 899 panigale is $16K up here, is it right/correct if I spend 12K for a used 848(with upgrades) and with 13k miles on it ?

·
Registered
518 Posts
Harry,

Only you can decide if you rather want one bike or the other. The more information (pics, specs, upgrades, whatever) the better the feedback.

Insurance: Call some up and ask for a quote on both, could vary a lot company to company.

·
Court Jester
12,114 Posts
Ride the 899 and ride the 848 they feel very different to me. Then look at both, which one do you lust for? You are not going to get your money back so make sure you are happy with your choice.

Reactions: CPH_848
1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.