Ducati.org forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
HI Ducatians,

I need your help in judging a Ducati Monster EVO 1100 2oth aniversary edition. I am planning to buy it from private seller who says the bike colors and paint are already there when he bought the bike from dealer. When i checked vehicle history on the cyclechex website ,the model is lister as monster deisel.I price is reasonably good with 1500 miles. I see other bikes being sold for $1000 more and lot more miles. I really liked it even though i would have loved to have it in red.I would like to know if it really authentic color design by ducati or after market paint job. I need to decide on it very soon. Please check the image!!!

Attachments

·
Registered
52 Posts
m.ducati.com/monster_art/colour_schemes.do

Those body panels are part of a marketing/customizing package offered by Ducati for the 696/796/1100. So while they are nit the original colors of the bike, they are Ducati body panels. The PO should have the originals as well unless he left them with the dealer when they swamped them for him.

·
Registered
213 Posts
What number is it? Mine is 192/200. The gold frame color looks correct.
The black and gold paint I'm not sure of. There is a thread on Ducati Monster .org listing locations of the 20th anniversary Monsters. Ducati Monster Forums: Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum.
It looks great. Please let us know what you do.

Attachments

·
Registered
37 Posts
If it's that good of a deal and the mechanicals are good who cares about OEM paint? Are you going to ride it or put it in a collection? You could always buy a red tank and tail later. I'd say that's probably an original Ducati specialized paint job done for marketing. Jump on it.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Where can I get them? Reason for asking all these is that ,I have intentions of trading it for bigger bike.
I don't want loose value of it and the same time spend more . Either way I might loose when I trade in

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.