Ducati.org forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I currently own a 2008 1098S ; the bike has about 18K on mileage, and has been nothing but reliable & trouble-free.

However, as of late, I've been thinking of replacing it with a 2016 1299 Panigale S. I'm just figuring that enough things may have improved on the bike (engine, electronics, etc.) so an upgrade would be worth it.

As I can't have both ($$ & space), I was wondering if any of you guys have thoughts about this...

Mostly, I'm really just wondering if I would regret the decision...would there be anything about the 1098S that I would miss?

Anyway, any thoughts would be welcomed...

Thanks!

·
Registered
979 Posts
i went from a 08 1098S to a 15 1299s and its day and night better, better feel, still has the same pick up and go except more. best decision I've ever made but i do miss the old bike just from the looks, miss the frame and all the mods i did. the electronics are pretty badass and i have trust in them now where as we didn't even have TC before. its a better bike and more reliable for sure, i put 10k miles on my old one and up to 2k miles on current, can't wait for it to warm up and keep finding new cool things with her on the roads.

it runs 2x hotter than the 1098s, just a fyi, and still only about 110 miles to a tank lol

-Carbon

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.