Ducati.org forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,606 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The common stuff on ebay...any good ?
It's just plastic , what should I look for if I want to replace my fairing / body work ?

·
Registered
1,181 Posts
Be prepared that 90% of aftermarket fairings will not be as good as factory. You can expect problems with chipping, cracking, and fading/mismatched paint. Some are better than others but you get what you pay for. Also expect they will come from China. That's just how it is.

Look for the usual high eBay ratings, cheap/free shipping, return options, etc.

Bottom line is understand what you're paying for. That said I have a set of street fairings for my 1098 in the new Panigale Tricolore style. The right side end of the nose fairing broke off (where it attaches to the right upper, next to the air intake on the frame). So there's one bolt I can't use, but otherwise it looks great and has been holding up well considering I've taken them off many times to put my track fairings on.

PS: Not your original question, but if you want quality fairings go with a blank slate like Attack or Sharkskins and have them professionally painted. Obviously this will cost a good deal more but from a satisfaction standpoint you'd be hard pressed to do better.

·
Registered
2,127 Posts
The Ebay stuff usually doesn't fit well. I vastly prefer spending the money on Skarkskinz and painting them well. They're bullet proof and you can get them to work on street bikes no problem at all.

·
Registered
1,606 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Having 2 sets of fairings would be nice , but realistic I don't need 2 - just would really like to change what I have and painting seems just pointless being it is already a good paint job - kinda tired of the L&M 155 and changing fairing seems easier.

Attachments

·
Registered
8,735 Posts
The chinese ebay fairings are a hit and miss. I know a guy who bought one and it fit perfectly! He had no issues at all and also looks great for a fraction of the price of OEM fairings...but that's less common than the people that have had issues with them from what I've heard.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.