Ducati.org forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
542 Posts
I have seen good and bad examples of the copies most of the ones i have seen have been bought for track use so quality was not so important, i guess you pay your money and hope for the best, i am about to sell my genuine Ducati 998 spare full set of Bayliss fairings including tank, huggers, belly pan seat unit, headlight fairing (not genuine Ducati but UK manufactured carbon fibre very high quality) I had them painted in Baylis colours as per the Limited Edition 998 about 5 years ago fitted them to my 998r but never used the bike (just about to sell her as well in the original fairings) so the fairings are like brand new.

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have seen good and bad examples of the copies most of the ones i have seen have been bought for track use so quality was not so important, i guess you pay your money and hope for the best, i am about to sell my genuine Ducati 998 spare full set of Bayliss fairings including tank, huggers, belly pan seat unit, headlight fairing (not genuine Ducati but UK manufactured carbon fibre very high quality) I had them painted in Baylis colours as per the Limited Edition 998 about 5 years ago fitted them to my 998r but never used the bike (just about to sell her as well in the original fairings) so the fairings are like brand new.
Thanks mate! I made up my mind and I'm planning to keep the yellow fairing and just replace the top fairing with a carbon fibre one and maybe add couple of carbon bits here and there :) I do like the tricolore option though but it would require for me to paint the tank :)

Cheers
Tomasz

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
1 - 5 of 5 Posts