Ducati.org forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I washed my 1098 today only to discover water had seeped in via the gas tank lid. Any suggestions other than pumping the tank and removing the tank and purging existing fuel in the lines. I'm afraid there may still be some bad gas even after pumping disconnecting and removing the tank! any input ? .... someone said in should also change my plugs- i'm lost here appreciate any help!

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
damn that seems a bit over the top, maybe i'll just reinstall everything and add fresh non ethanol 94 oct which is what i use normally anyway- as for the Tesla right on i'd love to have a plug and go..

·
Registered
419 Posts
I'm harassing ya...but honestly I've never washed my bike...for sure with the gas cap open...lol..
Ethanol fuel will absorb the water so don't go too extreme right away

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
no worries, i'll never wash mine again either, i added fresh non ethanol 2 US gal after i washed it...it ran great until the water made it's way down and that was it... I've removed and evaced the tank and lines , i'll put it all back together tomorrow and add some HEET just as a safety measure and add a gallon of 94 oct and see if she'll kick! then order a filler gasket for my filler cap.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I completed reinstall take etc and used a bottle of heet and added one gallon non ethanol- still no go however my tender given me a bad battery warning ‘charging aborted bad battery’ so perhaps it hasn’t enough cranking amps to spin it fast enough to kick and I need to replace the battery which seemed fine up until yesterday. The battery was on the bike when I $ it so may well be the one that came with the machine 2008!

·
Registered
4 Posts
How much water do you think you got in there? If you get the engine started I would just run a tank of gas thru it and call it good. Like others have said the ethanol in the gas we buy should absorb the rest over time. In the real old days we used to use water injection on the old V-8s to improve mileage and keep the engine cleaner.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts