Ducati.org forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,562 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Dropped my helmet and broke the pivot (see the pic below). Does anyone know where I can find a replacement? Does anyone have a crashed one or one they no longer use?

ImageUploadedByDucati.org Forum1505401501.888071.jpg

·
Registered
2,478 Posts
Is it the pivot on the helmet or the grabber on the visor?

·
Registered
68 Posts
I tried all the high end helmets and i keep buying HJC because of the fit and finish. Price point is just a bonus. Most parts can be bought online for them.

·
Registered
2,478 Posts
Didn't see that! That's fantastic, thank you. Have you seen the same but for the mechanism on the actual visor?
I might have a spare for you if you're looking for the mechanism which attaches directly to the visor. We can take a look at what you need when you get in town?

·
Registered
157 Posts
cycle gear & revzilla also has some.

Reactions: Dmitriy5099

·
Registered
1,562 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
cycle gear & revzilla also has some.

Cycle Gear of San Diego employee was kind enough to just give me the pivot part off of one of their helmets. As for the visor, they said I would need to buy a new visor. I'm going to give AGV USA a call to see if they can do anything about it. Also, Frank has some spares.

It seems to be a common part on the visor to break and it does have screws to detach. Don't understand why AGV would force you to replace the whole visor and doesn't sell replacement parts

·
Registered
2,478 Posts
Cycle Gear of San Diego employee was kind enough to just give me the pivot part off of one of their helmets. As for the visor, they said I would need to buy a new visor. I'm going to give AGV USA a call to see if they can do anything about it. Also, Frank has some spares.

It seems to be a common part on the visor to break and it does have screws to detach. Don't understand why AGV would force you to replace the whole visor and doesn't sell replacement parts
IDK if they are sold individually but when I bought my Pista GP the dealer I bought it from sent out a spare set because it broke on the clear visor the helmet came when I tried swapping out for my tinted. So, it seems it's a warrantable part but if they find out it was broken from being dropped then they may not be of much assistance. Always worth asking though.

·
Registered
1,562 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
IDK if they are sold individually but when I bought my Pista GP the dealer I bought it from sent out a spare set because it broke on the clear visor the helmet came when I tried swapping out for my tinted. So, it seems it's a warrantable part but if they find out it was broken from being dropped then they may not be of much assistance. Always worth asking though.

In my defense only 1 broke from falling. The other one broke because of the first one being broken 😂 and...my Shoei fell a couple times, my head hit a ground and the visors didn't break off

·
Registered
2,478 Posts
In my defense only 1 broke from falling. The other one broke because of the first one being broken �� and...my Shoei fell a couple times, my head hit a ground and the visors didn't break off
Yeah, yeah, yeah, my Busa can take a harder hit with less damage than any of my other bikes. We don't buy AGV helmets for their durability.

:blah:

·
Registered
1,562 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Yeah, yeah, yeah, my Busa can take a harder hit with less damage than any of my other bikes. We don't buy AGV helmets for their durability.

:blah:

I buy a top shelf helmet so it protects my head and is supposed to be more durable. If I wanted a cool looking not durable helmet I'd borrow Daledo's helmet (see the image) ImageUploadedByDucati.org Forum1505714610.761385.jpg

1 - 18 of 18 Posts