Ducati.org forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5,728 Posts
Nice Ducati Motorcycles, thanks for the posting!!!

·
Registered
95 Posts
Just curious, was it a young kid riding the 749R, #576. I can't wait to see Bob again (#46) to talk to him about that Paul Smart. He's one of the coolest racers I've met. I owned one of his old bikes for a VERY short period of time. He doesn't do things half-assed.

219R, did you go? I was going to go, but with lots of headaches this year, I couldn't bring myself to spend more money.

·
Registered
5,728 Posts
Just curious, was it a young kid riding the 749R, #576. I can't wait to see Bob again (#46) to talk to him about that Paul Smart. He's one of the coolest racers I've met. I owned one of his old bikes for a VERY short period of time. He doesn't do things half-assed.

219R, did you go? I was going to go, but with lots of headaches this year, I couldn't bring myself to spend more money.
Couldn't make the NJ Round, last weekend. #46 is Bob Robbins, I pitted next to Bob @ the Road America Event. Yes, a very good guy! His bike # 46 was prepared by Chris Boy and Larry Zullo @ Motocorse, Fort Lauderdale, Fla. and yes, it is
absolutely a very trick, and beautiful, Paul Smart
air cooled Ducati.
There is legislation pending in AHRMA to restructure the class rules to have a BOTT air cooled (only) twins class. Then the "other twins", water cooled, etc. would race in a "Sound of Thunder" F1, F2, F3, class, depending on displacement. ( the SOT F1, F2, F3 would also include four stroke singles, and four stroke triples (such as the Triumph and MV 675 (F2) , as well as the WC Ducatis,(F1,F2,F3), SVs (F1), etc.
The reason being, trying to accommodate the new wave of modern superbikes, but keep a competitive class for the past race bikes. The restructuring also is intended to stay within a 10-12 race grid per afternoon, which is about all you can schedule for the racing to be completed by 5 or 5:30, which is when the scheduled contracted event usually expires. (Then you pay for Overtime!!!)
Just like any business, juggling the complexity of structure within a time constraint!!! AHRMA is committed, and rightly so, to maintain the Vintage racing, but also accommodate the Modern (singles, twins, and triples) racing. Should be interesting to see how it all shakes out!

·
Registered
95 Posts
Bob's a good guy. He used to have the guy from Pro-Fab build his bikes. He's raced some cool stuff, including a Bimota Supermono. I was telling him this story of my first race weekend with my broken FZR400, looking at his Bimota, wondering what I was doing. He said, "I was probably thinking the same thing."

He's been working with a kid (whose story is amazing, but not mine to tell). And that looks like Bob's 749R. That's why I was wondering who was racing the 749R. Maybe I'll check the AHRMA results and see. Edit-Nevermind</Roseanne Roseannadanna>

·
Registered
5,728 Posts
Tony, if you are speaking of bike #576, the results show the rider as Chris Jensen. (Jenson)....

Reactions: Tony216
1 - 7 of 7 Posts