Ducati.org forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Air Filter

It is warmy recommended to to a chip tuning like rexxer.

I wanted to change it for my 2015 Multistrada and the professional tuner told me that he wouldnt do it,, the Multi would run worse...

He recomends to wait to install the air filter together with a mapping

as I am going to install the Quat Pipes anyway I will do everything together.

I have already installed the 14er gear in front which is tremendous!!!

Also got the new Metzeler M7 tires, love them!

Attached a pictures from last weekend

Attachments

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'm about to install new tires and am seriously considering the Metzlers as well. Have read lots of good things about them although they may seem a bit 'overkill' on this kind of bike. But worth a try . . .

·
Registered
58 Posts
Metzeler

Six it depends the way you ride the bike, if you ride it very sporty as I do it makes sense... the grip is tremendous! and the handling just beautiful...

I just changed, before I was riding the Angel GT which had also an excellent Grip in every situation, but the form of the tire didnt give the bike the agility I have now with the Metzeler M7 ... on monday I will go for the first time to a race track =) ...

videos will follow on my youtube link: julian studer

The Metzeler should hold around 4000km maybe a bit bit less than the Angel GT.

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I like to ride my bike a bit more on the sporty side as well, however I do like to get a decent amount of miles out of the tire and given the climate of the pacific northwest, I'd like something that performs in the wet as well as the dry as we encounter that here quite often. I've read that the Metzler does just that. I absolutely loved the Rosso Corsa's on my beloved 1098 but when it is chilly and wet outside, it is not the best tire to have . . .

·
Registered
38 Posts
I am on a 2014 GT, it came with the Angle GTs which are a dual compound tire. As far as a street tire goes they are awesome in the dry. Don't know about wet yet. Only 1.2 K miles so far. The pilot road 4s are on my R1200RT they are awesome in the wet. I don't know how they would handle the Multistrada extra power? The pilot 4s did not give me great mileage life. I would expect the Multi to eat them up.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.