Ducati.org forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
644 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2010 GT-1000 and over the last few months, it appears that I keep getting air into the clutch lines.

I've taken it to the dealership twice now to get the lines bled, but it seems like it's only a matter of weeks until I have trouble finding neutral again and with every week, I have to pull the clutch lever in further to shift.

Now I am thinking of replacing the clutch lines and replacing the slave cylinder.

Any pointers?

·
Registered
632 Posts
I did, but I keep having to adjust it every time the pressure gets lower. So it's not that, it's that there must be an air leak somewhere.
I've got a spare clutch slave you can borrow but because no one on here puts their location in & I don't know where you are, why is that?

Craig

·
Registered
644 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I've got a spare clutch slave you can borrow but because no one on here puts their location in & I don't know where you are, why is that?

Craig
That's very kind of you! I am in Los Angeles, but do you think the reason air keeps coming in is because of the slave? I am looking to replace it with an EVR one anyway, just to also help with the pressure on the fingers.

·
Registered
632 Posts
Mario, there are a number of places air can get in but all are unlikely.
Can you describe the symptoms again to make things clear?
Is the problem the clutch lever is soft or you just have trouble finding neutral?

What colour is your clutch fluid?

Have you added aftermarket levers?
Have you added anything aftermarket that you haven't mentioned?
When did you last change your engine oil, that can affect finding neutral?

Craig

·
Registered
644 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Mario, there are a number of places air can get in but all are unlikely.
Can you describe the symptoms again to make things clear?
Is the problem the clutch lever is soft or you just have trouble finding neutral?

What colour is your clutch fluid?

Have you added aftermarket levers?
Have you added anything aftermarket that you haven't mentioned?
When did you last change your engine oil, that can affect finding neutral?

Craig
Basically, I have to pull in the clutch lever past the mid point to engage the clutch. And every week it seems I have to pull in the clutch lever just a little bit more to engage the clutch.

Also, I have trouble finding neutral sometimes, and ever when pulling in the lever all the way, it takes a lot of effort bring it into neutral. It's just not smooth.

I had my 7,500 mile service change about 6 months ago. One of the things they did was bleed the clutch. Then about 3 months later (about 3 months ago) I had to take it in again to get it bled. They replaced the fluid then also. So it the clutch fluid should be pretty fresh. When they did it then, there was a ton of pressure on the clutch where it was hard to pull it in because there was so much pressure but the upside was that the clutch would engage with the smallest pull. That pull gets less and less every week where now I have to pull it past half way to engage it.

·
Registered
632 Posts
Hard one, are there any signs of wet joints, or signs of loss of fluid?
Can you remove the slave to see if that's the weak point?
Wet behind the cylinder?

Craig

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.