Ducati.org forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
643 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I may be starting a new job where I'll be commuting 70 miles one way. I'll mostly ride the bike for traffics sake. I'd really like to get an ST 4s but I'm wondering long term if this is the right choice or should I go with a simpler bike like the 3?
Your opinions would be welcome.

·
Banned
5,501 Posts
The ST3 isn't that much of a simpler bike, it's newer though. You could buy an 07, which will bring you right into the more modern updated look for that bike, which is nice if you can find one. However, if you can't find one and your stuck between an old ST3 or ST2 vs ST4, I'd go with the ST4 every day of the week. Its a heavy bike and having that bigger motor is a good thing in my view. I've ridden the ST2's and ST4's, almost brought an ST4 few years ago, but I don't do that much long distance riding, so it didn't make sense.

So yea, its all up to what bike you find and the price point in my view. Either bike will fit the bill in my view.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Neither imo.I'd get a 600 of any japanese make, reason saying the parts and maintenance are real low compared to our Ducatis.For me i had a honda 250 for years going and coming from work while my duck sat covered and tendered in the garage only to be taken out on weekends.Going and coming to work on my ducati is just wasted miles to me..imo:)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts