Ducati.org forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
12,933 Posts
My thoughts.......don't add a pad.....get a seat. Adding pads is a recipe for pulling ones hair out. They move around on an active motorcycle. If you were on a cruiser or a land yacht where you sit yourself down and stay put, I'd say go for it. On a motorcycle where you will be transitioning side to side and moving around a bit, the pad is going to move around also. Despite claims of having a backing that won't slip.......they do. Very annoying!!

·
Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
[email protected] Thanks very much for your input. You have a good point! However, I will be making a 350 mile trip a few times each year that will be all highway. Straight run, no twisties. Other than this extended destination, I won't be needing a pad/cushion. I will be able to tolerate the factory seat during other riding sessions...

·
Registered
44 Posts
I have one and I love it on long rides. I used one to ride 2500 miles in 5 days on a 848(one day was 800miles) and never had a butt problem or a problem with the seat that is including riding up and down Pikes Peak. It will also help keep your butt cool, I rode in 90 + temps and never had a butt sweating issue. The key is to get the correct air pressure in it. Too much air and you will loose feeling on what the bike is doing and too little air you might as well use the stock seat.

·
Registered
12,933 Posts
You should be fine then. We got one of the pads for my wife's bike and she's not a very aggressive rider and she hated it. It slid around even when she was on it and would bunch up in funny spots. We finally broke down and took her seat to a professional and had them tailor it to her backside and things are much more friendly now. No one makes an aftermarket seat for the Gladius so we had no choice but to go custom.

Sasddleman make a 2pc seat for your Multi and they make a damn fine product. I've had 3 of their seats on various bikes and my backside was good after 900K days.

·
Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Going to give it a try... Just placed an order at the local bike shop.

Was considering a Sargent seat... however, they don't have a 2015 MTS seat available at this time.

Thanks for the advice guys!

·
Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Sasddleman make a 2pc seat for your Multi and they make a damn fine product. I've had 3 of their seats on various bikes and my backside was good after 900K days.
Did your seats have the 'gel'? I have read that the gel can get very hot at times... Did you have any 'heat' issues?

·
Registered
543 Posts
I have a saddleman gel seat on my 848...so far I have not noticed any problems with heat, but summer riding is also just starting. Comfortable as hell though, really glad I changed seats.

·
Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
Wow... RidersChoice wants $335 +tax.... canadasmotorcyle.com is asking $216. That's odd, RC is usually fairly competetive.

$380 for a tiny air mattress... I don't think so! If RC can't match the $216, then I'll buy from CM...

·
Registered
12,933 Posts
I think you will find that the 2015 has an all new engine but the rest of the bike is same as 2014 for body parts.

All my Saddleman's are gel and they actually insulate some from the heat considering I have underseat exhaust on my 848.

The Adventure Track has a groove down the middle which works great to relieve pressure on the boys on a long haul.

·
Registered
12,933 Posts

·
Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Went for a 1200km ride on the weekend. The Airhawk R was awesome! A comfortable ride the entire trip. No need for an aftermarket seat...

·
Registered
207 Posts
Gel Seats & Pads

They have pads that strap to the seat and on long rides are pretty sweet.My ST-3S has a custom Sargent seat that needs nothing thank goodness.Gel seats and quality gel pads are awesome for long rides.Investing in one is a must on long rides imo...:)

1 - 20 of 28 Posts