Ducati.org forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey ladies and gents
new here so hello to you all :)

Did anyone else notice how akra suddenly realised the Austin Racing system design they released at the launch of the 1199 a few years back is superior and so now they have copied the pipe routing!

Wow if it was Austin copying akra we would soon hear about it but akra copying Austin seems to have gone unnoticed.
The new akra system used in SBK is a direct copy of the Austin design but then they added a small pipe with silencer to the rear.
Just shows in my eyes that Austin Racing are the new market leader and the most innovative exhaust company around, well done to them and BAD showing to Akrapovich....

·
Registered
2,320 Posts
Not sure if you've been following the SBK/GP series.

The short can from Akra has been on Rossi and Lorenzo's GP bikes a couple seasons back.

The can also has been on the Pike Peak MS since 2011 as well.

Just similar designs, not rip-off.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
If you look at the Full System, that is the one in question and what's Rossi and Lorenzo have to do with the Ducati 1199 full system ?

Maybe miss read the thread ?

Point I was making was that Akra have ripped off Austin Racing's full system design ... Then added a can on the rear and that's the only difference ! That's the only similarity to the GP bikes.

Austin racing made their system when the 1199 was launched, and now Akra have copied the flow design for their race systems, proving that AR were bang on in the first place ... maybe it's the F1 links they have with exhaust manufacture ..

That's the point being made here, the full system made by AR has been ripped off by Akra !

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Side note is as a racer myself i am aware austin racing leant Althea racing Carlos Checa team a prototype system just before he retired, weird that!

·
Registered
378 Posts
I would stay clear of any Austin Racing equipment.

I had a full system on my Aprillia, problems with noise and quality.

I almost got taken out on track by an AR silencer blowing off the bike infront.

·
Registered
8,735 Posts
He probably works there. I've heard similar negative things about AR. They make some cool stuff but quality is nowhere near Akrapovic and other brands. Plus they're expensive!

Akrapovic didn't rip off anyone. They don't need to since they're one of the best in the industry. Plus they were the 2nd company to release an exhaust for the Panigale after Termignoni. And guess what...they all look the same pretty much. In fact on most bikes the only thing that's different is the muffler. The pipes are generally the same. Ducati did their homework when they designed the bikes...doing something much different will most likely decrease the performance.

Reactions: Gunny Fitz

·
Registered
1,230 Posts

How long ago did you have the AR system on your Aprilia.. and what type of noise and quality issues did you have?

Concerning the AR silencer that almost took you out at the track.. defect or improper install?

Reactions: bstar360

·
Registered
2,320 Posts
If you look at the Full System, that is the one in question and what's Rossi and Lorenzo have to do with the Ducati 1199 full system ?

Maybe miss read the thread ?

Point I was making was that Akra have ripped off Austin Racing's full system design ... Then added a can on the rear and that's the only difference ! That's the only similarity to the GP bikes.

Austin racing made their system when the 1199 was launched, and now Akra have copied the flow design for their race systems, proving that AR were bang on in the first place ... maybe it's the F1 links they have with exhaust manufacture ..

That's the point being made here, the full system made by AR has been ripped off by Akra !
All it took for making the header for the Pani is just mock-up and enlarge certain area, the bends are the same--different materials. At least that's my general assumption

Side note is as a racer myself i am aware austin racing leant Althea racing Carlos Checa team a prototype system just before he retired, weird that!
Ya might wanna show some proof about what ya said first lol.

I have the GP2 for my SF and so far I'm loving it.

Not sure how yours happened...but the AR system is much bigger cans hence the noise problems. Quality wise--we all need pictures.

I'm not on either side. Just staying the middle here since OP flamed Akra for ripping off AR but Akra has been around in years vs AR has only been known off since the RSV4 GP system---I did follow the AR since they came out with the test video and when I still had my 848 back then.

·
Registered
1,807 Posts
Awesome Post !

Lol, I'm staying way the F away from this thread. I thought I stopped hearing about this from the other forum hahaha
ROFLMFAO !!

Oh that was a REALLY good response there my friend!! I'm still cracking up! And I know exactly what you mean too about the "other forum" lmao!! ;)

·
Registered
2,320 Posts
Question: LOL, so uhm...Any picture to prove the what was said, OP?
Loaning of the AR Prototype prior to retired.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Just pointing out what i have seen at the track, i was a guest at silverstone a few years back and happen to see the austin racing crew in the garage chatting with the mechanics holding the exhaust.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts