Ducati.org forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What do you think is better?

I can get a good deal at a Ducati dealer for a homologated termi exhaust but would rather have the race version.

But than again, is the akrapovic system not a beter quality exhaust on the long run? Full system of course.

Thanks on your input!

·
Registered
38 Posts
I got my 821 with the Termi Race from day 1.

It comes with the ECU, which means that you get more power in the mid range - exactly where you need it. (oh and you get this nice "Race" sign in the display when you start the bike).
The added bonus is the sound and the fantastic looks of the exhausts.
I have to admit that I re-installed the DB killers. But the sound is still amazing; way way better than stock.

if you go for Termi, go for the Race. if you can't afford it; wait until you can.
As for the Akrapovic; I can't say. I haven't heard nor tried them

·
Registered
55 Posts
Akrapovic looks and sounds better, just my biased opinion :)

·
Registered
1,181 Posts
There was an article a while back about Akra claiming many of the WSBK and GP bikes have Akras wearing Termi and other brand stickers on them. I think it was in Sport Rider or Cycle World so take that for what it's worth.

I do know that Akras are high quality work and considering the bad history Termis have of splitting pipe welds, I would go with Akras given the option and good pricing.

Disclaimer: I have a full Termi system on my 1098 and love it. I chose it because I got a good deal used from members here (honestly holding my breath hoping my welds don't crack). I've had an Akra system on an R6 before and it was awesome too.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The thing is that you get an ecu update with the race and nothing with the akra/homologated version termi of i should go to a tuner but then no warranty (everred warranty for 3 years for free). The race costs 800 euro, the homologated version 500 euro... I have no price for the akra...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.