Ducati.org forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
438 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello thanks for looking,
I am looking for help in finding the best price web site/company. I can get find for a brand new Akrapovic Evo Ti full exhaust for an 1198.
I have found a couple of sites with prices around $3300 for the Kit.

Not looking to step on any toes(vendors) or start a exhaust comparison. I want what I want.

I will have Doug Lofgren tune once on.

·
Registered
438 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the info ducatista4life. Guy's over there(RP) seem real cool. But I ended up finding the Full Arka evo exhaust for a good amount cheaper. I found a 1098R kit that was sitting on a shelf, that they want gone. Over in jersey just under 3200 shipped. After talking to a bunch of Arka vendors, that was the best price I was going to find at a couple of bucks more then factory cost. Even less when shipping is a factor.

it's a shame that when I was searching on here I found vendors that sold them for 25-2700$ in 09.
When I called those same vendors I was told that was the old price, new price is 4400 in this economy-ok it's getting better. But that's a rant for another forum.

I did buy the Arka evo TI system. Receive next week, I will install it, bring the bike to doug and tune it. 5 minutes later it will start to snow.lol.

·
Registered
438 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
From my understanding no filter or ecu comes with the Arkapovic evo ti system. And Doug has the knowledge and tools to re-flash my stock ecu. So I don't need a microtech.

·
Registered
1,202 Posts
No filter or ecu came with mine.. However, I do not know much about the "R" kit or package.. You can reflash your stock ecu and such.. I put in Mwr air filters and it was a significant difference.. I also put in a microtec ecu.. Totally different bike!

·
Registered
1,202 Posts
Btw be careful when torquing your nuts back on the exhaust studs and make sure you cut a 10 mm open ended wrench to make it fit on your vertical header.. I definitely snapped one of the studs off in the head and was lucky enough to pull it out with vice grips.. Good luck!!

·
Registered
438 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Thanks I just bought the MWR air filter from Bellissmoto and a magnetic oil plug from Motowheels last night. After reading up on it on here. Yeah I probable shouldn't refer to it as a kit. The 1098R/1198/1198S set up is all the same and the header intake size is all that differs from the 848/1098 set up.

So they all(exhaust systems) come with no ecu and no fliter unlike the Termi set up.

I was going to go with the microtech stand alone But after talking with Doug Lofgren he said he can save me a little money with his tune instead of buying the stand alone. Which I didn't know was possible, but I have been looking at older threads. When this wasn't an option.

Shit I am finely able to go over 7k rpm's and the bike feels like a different beast.

Thanks for the install advice. Any other tricks/tips you can think of will be appreciated.

·
Registered
438 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yeah sorry, your right on no ECU, when I saw kit I was thinking of the Termi's, my error.

It's all good, at first I was thinking. Maybe it does... Maybe I can sell the 1098R ecu and recover some money back..

I think not having to pay for a stand alone is what made me pull the trigger on the purchase. Well that and the system it self.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts