Ducati.org forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Banned
1,501 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Switched the bike over to the white Sharkskinz for the first time in a couple of months (as I'd done the last two track event in the carbon street fairings w/ trackday prep). Have not and won't be racing at all this season, so figured there's no reason to be rocking the yellow (novice) plates or club stickers (for points). Also change from #951 to #27 for a little bit of motivation, as he was my favorite racer. Quite a few scratches/scuffs/missing paint...but you can't see them at speed, so there's that. Lol.

Headlight, taillight, front number, and personalized character decals are by Chris @ Drippin'Wet. Rear number w/half plate outline and OEM style tank & mid fairing decals are by Scott @ SR Sign Design.

Been a pretty rough couple of weeks with another blow hit right before flying back from Memphis. Just looking forward to getting out to work on trying some new things and having fun with friends and fellow track-mates. Would be great to get back to the confidence levels and speed I found at the end of last season, but the amount (more like lack of) of real quality seat time I've had this season most likely won't let that happen unless I can just turn the brain off and ride. Positive thoughts. :)

-Christian

·
Registered
3,054 Posts
Double sessions is tough. Careful as the day goes on...When I'm fatigued and dehydrated I'm the last to know about it...Also my fitness level could improve a bit to pull off double sessions, but I do alright for 42 years old..Enjoy and twist it good!!

·
Court Jester
11,819 Posts
As always looking good!

Reactions: ANORXIC'51

·
Banned
1,501 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Double sessions is tough. Careful as the day goes on...When I'm fatigued and dehydrated I'm the last to know about it...Also my fitness level could improve a bit to pull off double sessions, but I do alright for 42 years old..Enjoy and twist it good!!

By the way, what tires do you run at the track?
I hear ya about the fitness/endurance. I hope to even still be at this at 42!! Thinking the combo of fixing my bp/tank clamp issue early on in the season along with the cycling I've finally got back into doing should buy me at least 4 of the 7 40-min opportunities. Definitely going to have to stay on top of hydration!!

Dunlop D211 GP-A (US) for the last two seasons, but have a fresh set of the new GP-A Pros to try out! :)

·
Registered
765 Posts
Me three. However, by end of day it is covered in brake dust, dust stuck to oil, pieces of rubber everywhere and most importantly, bugs. Insane amounts of bugs.

The white bodywork makes it look very neat, one of the best looking bikes on here! 40 minutes every hour is a lot, although in inter you can "rest" by running a lot slower. What surprised me the most is how much more tiring the advanced group is.

BTW, are you hungarian by any chance?

·
Registered
5,728 Posts
Been known to clean my bike between practice and race!!!

·
Banned
1,501 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Me three. However, by end of day it is covered in brake dust, dust stuck to oil, pieces of rubber everywhere and most importantly, bugs. Insane amounts of bugs.

The white bodywork makes it look very neat, one of the best looking bikes on here! 40 minutes every hour is a lot, although in inter you can "rest" by running a lot slower. What surprised me the most is how much more tiring the advanced group is.

BTW, are you hungarian by any chance?
+1 at how dirty these things get out there. The rubber and bugs are the worst!!

Yep. Going to be using the Int sessions to work on trying different approaches to cornering, using ALL of the throttle/brakes, bp, etc to try to get used to it....as well as refamiarize myself with track riding at BIR (as I only have a single lap to my name there this entire season). Then get out and play in Adv. :)

VERY interesting you ask that. Somewhere down the line I'm sure, as that's where I've found the Nemes name originated. But never knew my father, and was raised by my grandmother from 3 yrs old. Never really dug into family history on my father's side. Figured the drama on my mother/grandma's side is enough to deal with. :-/

·
Registered
765 Posts
As a fresh off the boat hungarian, it was easy to recognize the name. Btw, got an ION Air Pro camera based on your posts, very curious how it will work. Always wanted a GoPro, but the size and the wavy recordings put me off of it. Still need to get some different mounts so I can record from different angles. For now, its mounted on the tank behind the key cover.

·
Banned
1,501 Posts
Discussion Starter #18 (Edited)
Pics are up. Felt pretty rusty, and had a couple of mechanical issues that caused me to miss a few sessions. But, all in all, had an awesome day with friends. Seems the photographer caught me while I was working on various new-to-me techniques from the MotoVudu 2 book/DVD I picked up last month. Took me most of the day to start finding a groove.

"Stealing a few meters"

"Body over paint"

"Weight far forward for MAXIMUM throttle"

Few others....

The good thing is the season isn't over yet for us. She announced a surprise customer appreciation day in cooperation with Ducati Minneapolis (who unfortunately is closing their doors on 11/1 :-() on 10/3 on the Long Course. Could be hit-or-miss with weather, but she priced it right, so it was worth at least registering! :)

-Christian

1 - 18 of 18 Posts