Ducati.org forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
With all these problems with the 1098, I'm now 100% happy that I switched my deposit to the hypermotard that has a proven driveline. God knows ducati is not the perfect bike, I have had my fair share of little things with my ducs, but these problems of stalling, clutch, oil leaks, and etc should have been worked out well before release to the public on such a flagship motorcycle. If ducati is the so called ferrari of motorcycles than they need to act like it. I hope generation 2 of the 1098 has the bugs worked out.

·
Registered
4,337 Posts
I agree 100% but man, that Hypermotard is ugly as hell IMO.

Jason

·
Registered
215 Posts
I think its just new model quirks that need to be worked out. Its impossible to test a bike for every single condition it will encounter through out the world. We may find out that it was a bad batch of O2 sensors that went out etc etc.

I think you'll have the same issues with any new model so the Motard wont be any different. I do like how that motard looks though :) But love how my 1098 looks and the attention it gets.

·
Registered
4,337 Posts
I don't know... Everyone is down playing this stalling issue like it's not much but when I pay for 15+g for a bike, it better run right.

Ducati's aren't cheap and even if they were they still shouldn't have these kinds of problems.

I mean I keep hearing first year bike, BS! Honda didn't have issues like this with the 600RR.

Jason

·
Registered
215 Posts
Well to be fair the '04-'05 R1's had a similar issue. I have/had an '05 and it want until '06 that they issued a recall for a faulty TPS. The difference was that the R1 would die while rolling which was a bigger issue. Luckily my R1 wasnt affected it was only on certain ones which had a bad batch of TPS sensors go out on some R1's.

I'm one of the ones having the stalling issue and I'm certainly not trying to down play it. But I realize that this is a brand new everything bike and I also remember the issues the 999's had when they came out. Its a big deal to me but I also know it will be taken care of. I'm more or less waiting to see how it does after break-in and then give the dealer a chance to troubleshoot it.

Now if I am still having these issues 2 months later and I've taken it to the shop multiple times for it then it becomes a BIG problem. At that point I'll consider it a lemon and go that route towards getting a replacement or my money back.

·
Registered
4,337 Posts
Well I guess all's well that ends well. As long as they take care of it in the end, then it's all good. I guess on a positive note you got 2 years. =]

I mean with all these people have the same problem I am sure the issue will be address and then the fix should be pretty strait forward from there.

Jason

·
Registered
54 Posts
Have you taken it to your dealer to have them look at your stalling problems? I did and they fixed it. No big deal.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Kilat, glad to hear that it was a quick fix. Wonder what holding up others to just take it to the dealer.

·
Registered
215 Posts
kilat said:
Have you taken it to your dealer to have them look at your stalling problems? I did and they fixed it. No big deal.

Kilat, This is Will I met you earlier this month before you picked up your S. I spent some time speaking with you at the showroom. (BTW I need to get with you about some carbon bits) I spoke with Jay and he said to bring it in but I am trying to hold out till I get 600 on her so that it coincides with my 600 service. Jay seems like a nice guy and I know he'll take care of it.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Cronn,
Jay fixed my stalling issue. Just needed to hook up the computer, reset the TPS and check the bleed screws. Mind you mine did not stall until I installed the Arrows slipons. Got it all done during the 600 mile service.

Have you got your bike yet? :) If you did, that was quick! Enjoying the hell out of it?

Holler the next time you're in Austin and we'll hook up! I'll PM you my number.

·
Registered
215 Posts
He He yeah I got it quick. Just got lucky really, I was ready to roll and the folks in front needed just a bit more time so I go moved up a week or two. So far I am enjoying it, I hope to do a track day in April at Cresson.

·
Registered
162 Posts
I have the same issue, but I'm really enjoying the bike and I'm happy it only happens when I'm stopping or stopped. It will be worked out and it isn't a reason not to have the bike! :)

·
Registered
2,031 Posts
Me too....

Weather was decent when I got home after work. Streets were dry, 17 degrees C, and the freaking sun was out....

Although I shouldn't have, I just coudn't hold back, took her for a spin around some blocks (insurance hasn't kicked in yet, so I was careful not to attract the wrong kind of attention).

What I'm impressed with the most by far is the 70mm system, and thats with the db killers removed. It has such a deep growl standing from 20-30 feet away, I can't adequately describe it. Even the video clips I've seen on you-tube don't do it justice. I have no regrets spending the $$ and I agree with other posts that this exhaust was MADE for this bike, no question!!

Wooohoo!

·
Registered
370 Posts
hmmm... I am getting mine in two weeks. Is stalling the only issue? And it is fixed by resetting the TPS after the arrow or termi pipe install?

·
Registered
337 Posts
Glad to hear that they are fixing the Stalling problem.

And if Ducatis are the Ferrari of the bike world, then all of this fits perfectly. I've got 3 friends with Ferraris and they are always having bugs worked out!!

·
Registered
144 Posts
The biggest problem is the 20to30somethings with a grudge. I followed one to the Police station......it was the only safe place for him. Funny as hell, he ran up to the door and it was locked. Poor little fella,

·
Registered
337 Posts
weldingshop said:
The biggest problem is the 20to30somethings with a grudge. I followed one to the Police station......it was the only safe place for him. Funny as hell, he ran up to the door and it was locked. Poor little fella,
----------------
:naughty: Couldn't agree more.
Is that really a 750 in your pic and is it really yours?
I've been wanting to get one. I've been looking at a Mountaineer that is mostly restored.
After the 1098 I think I'm starting a Bevelhead colllection.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts