Ducati.org forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
HOw many ppl looked at this just because the title caught their eye?
I see on here alot of ppl are being told they have their name on the last one or one of the last ones. I called up my local dealer 3 days after the 1098 went on sale and i wanted on for april/may as i work abroad and am not home until end of march.
The salesman told me there was one left for april and 2 for may for the standard 1098.
I called up again the other day as i couldnt remember if a had specified my colour(red of course). I also asked for any news on delivery times. Turned out he said it was gonna be early, like the beginning of march, which gets me thinking i was told the april/may thing just to make sure i put my deposit down sooner rather than later.
I must admit i was worried about not getting deposit sonw and waiting till nearer the winter or after to collect. But still....... seems to be their sales ploy to make sure it sells asap...

·
Registered
215 Posts
I think they tell you later and try to deliver it sooner. Its better to be a hero and get it to you earlier than a jackass for getting it to you late. I am 6th on the list of an allocated 10 for the dealership of the standard model. I am being told May as they are getting an estimated 2 per month. Although they told me May he also told me it may be sooner but they dont want to officially say it and then not deliver on it.

·
Registered
4,337 Posts
I am 6th on the list at my dealer as well. They told me that I could get a yellow one for sure but maybe not red. I was told that they had 10 ordered; they were getting 5 for sure, all pre-sold and all preordered. I am hoping they get their 10 or someone backs out from the 5 pre-sold.

Jason

·
Registered
2,469 Posts
My dealer was allotted 10 spots for the base model and only three for the "s", 13 total. I got lucky and got the only spot left for the "s", they showed me their list and the total color availability for the base models, red or yellow. I was told that the black "s" models and the yellow base models would not be shipped until may.

·
Registered
97 Posts
I couldn't find any base models In central florida area.......that weren't yellow.....yellows seemed easy enough to snag.....that was about a week and a half ago.....I ordered mine through Arlen Ness in Daytona.....went there to get on a stand by list for a red base model......asked innocently if they happened to still have S slots...not that I could justify it and all....and they did.....so now I'm 3rd in line for a red S......and #1's S was sitting in the showroom......droooooool......larger than usual deposits.....but nice staff and they actually had an unspoken for slot.....for an S no doubt.....so then I went home and I'm like "well sweety sorry they had no base models left.....so I was kind of forced to buy an S" not that she knows what that means....muwahahaha......hope to have the bike in the next couple of weeks....

·
Registered
4,337 Posts
I have been thinking more and more about an S but it would really strap me for $$$. =[

Jason

1 - 7 of 7 Posts