Ducati.org forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, I have a deposit down, my trade in valued, and the bike I want on hold until my new insurance policy kicks in for the new year.

I have 16 days to do my final research, I've test ridden it, I've asked questions. But I still need to know some things.

-Reliability?
-Maintence?
-Riding at slow speeds, 40 and below
-What RPM limit to try and be riding at
-Tips & Tricks
-Extras I might have to buy?

Explain it like I'm new to motorcycles, it's a big investment for me and I don't want to miss something small

I don't go out of my ways for twisties, I do speed but it's usually in a straight line over a bridge, it will be a commuter 1 or 2 days a week. I don't like talking to stealerships about this because they're just trying to sell the bike and pretty sure I paid a little to much. (2 dealerships even remotely close)

·
Registered
1 Posts
Which model?
I got a 2015 Monster 1200S, love it!
Just went in for 600 miles oil service and suspension fitting this morning. Land vehicle Vehicle Motorcycle Automotive tire Tire

·
Registered
304 Posts
Test ride it along with other bikes of interest back to back as many times you need until you feel certain.
Don't let the dealership bullshit you into buying unless you feel its the bike for you.
The same goes for any bike, dont get caught up in what reviews say, or owners nor dealer sales. Ultimately your the one who needs to feel it is the bike best suited to you whilst your riding it
Service here is
first service @ 1000 klm = $270
@15000 klm = $450
@ 30000 klm = $1250

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Test ride it along with other bikes of interest back to back as many times you need until you feel certain.
Don't let the dealership bullshit you into buying unless you feel its the bike for you.
The same goes for any bike, dont get caught up in what reviews say, or owners nor dealer sales. Ultimately your the one who needs to feel it is the bike best suited to you whilst your riding it
Service here is
first service @ 1000 klm = $270
@15000 klm = $450
@ 30000 klm = $1250

I can't seem to get a test ride for the other bikes I was looking at or they're out of stock. I'm looking for a naked bike below a 900cc's and above 800cc's.

·
Registered
571 Posts
Its expensive...once you hit or near the 18k mark things get pricey...clutches, brakes, valves and don't forget tires...the clutch alone can run 850 in parts but for the most part these are items on the horizon depending what kind of roads you have around...but make no mistake its expensive but is one of the most economical ducatis to own

1 - 6 of 6 Posts