Ducati.org forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

· Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my gross annual income is only a few grand more then the OTD price of my 848. so i'm already thinking bout my soon to come tax return money and what to do with it.

to modify or to put it towards the pay it off? thats the question.....

so whats ur opinion with approx $1300 expected.

gas tank? suspension?

· Registered
566 Posts
Is it completely stock? If so I'd get the suspension set for your weight in gear. That's cheap though, 50 bucks or less depending where you go. Speedymoto makes great axle sliders for the front and rear that are 50-60 bucks as well. Under body sliders as well if you want. Maybe a new set of rear sets depending your heigh/style. IDK man it's your bike, do what YOU want.

· Registered
2,274 Posts
If your gross income is a little more then the out the door price of an 848 I would put it towards paying it off

If stock, rearsets, suspension setup, tail tidy fender eliminator, comp werkes tail light, signals in vent, can do all for less then a grand

· Registered
564 Posts
The responsible person in me is saying pay it off. But me being me, I'm going to tell you to put it towards slip ons. I got my resound titanium slip ons for $1000 shipped. Spend the extra money on a fender eliminator.

· Court Jester
12,127 Posts
As already mentioned the responsible thing would be put it toward paying it down, however if you have a screaming interest rate it could be dabated. You could also stash it for when you need it for maintainace or repairs.

But who am I to talk, the guys at work call me a whore when it comes to my bike.

1. I bought it for the looks
2. First mod fender eliminator with lights in vent
3. Personalized plate
From there I hit my first 600 service that was 250
3500 changed my own oil that was 50 at 7500 she's in for the winter torn apart for mods and maintainace. the plan is to take it in sometime in December before the 10% off special the dealer is running for 7500 service is over. I hope to only pay for valve and timing, I'm trying to do the rest.

My winter mods are the following (a mix of need and the whore in me)
1. Gotham HID
2. CRG arrow mirrors
3. Rhino bar ends
4. MWR air filter
5. Cox radiator & oil cooler guards
6. Gregg's custom led flush mount turn signals
7. Flash2path GDO
I've been watching my tires and they look good I hope I can get another summer out of them.

Anyways I know there are more important mods/adjustments I think my choices have been a good mix. What ever makes you happy.

· Registered
110 Posts
my gross annual income is only a few grand more then the OTD price of my 848. so i'm already thinking bout my soon to come tax return money and what to do with it.

to modify or to put it towards the pay it off? thats the question.....

so whats ur opinion with approx $1300 expected.

gas tank? suspension?
How can you afford an 848 if your gross annual income is only a few grand more than the OTD price an 848?

· Registered
581 Posts
Same way young soldiers in the military afford stupidly nice cars. I would imagine he is a student who lives in the dorms and has minimal other expenses or similar.

To the OP. 1300 is really about the equivalent of piss when it comes to modifying a bike for anything performance wise. Slip-ons are debatable. A full system of decent quality will set you back more. I would say pay down the loan so that when you wreck it (remember all riders it's a when not an if) there won't be as much of a gap in value:loan.

If you must absolutely get goodies for it (and who am I to judge) then get new tires maintenance done etc.

· Registered
436 Posts
IMHO, save your money for maint. As mentioned 1,300.00 isn't very much towards any performance mods. Develop a plan for her, a direction you want to take your mods as far as performance and bling. Pay her off then implement your plan. Welcome aboard! :yo:

· Registered
1,389 Posts
I'm gonna go with neither of the two options. Save your money man just cause your getting a good refund doesn't mean you need to spend it right away. If your going to spend it my suggestion would be to either buy some gear or sign up for some track days. But then you will kiss all your money goodbye.

· Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
well im not a college student,

and i afford the ducati that cost more then my GAI from last year cause im fuckin awesome, oh and i am also invincible too. so crashing the bike will never happen sorry to disappoint yall:jerkoff:

oh and i just got orders to korea anyway so im just selling the bike anyway and saving up for that whole time. big difference in course of action all within a week. but thats how it goes.

hopefully with obama and his coming era of cut-backs i get to keep my guaranteed paycheck!

· Registered
1 Posts
This person is considering using their tax refund money to either modify their 848 motorcycle or use it to pay off the motorcycle. They have a gross annual income that is only a few thousand more than the out-the-door price of the 848 and expect to receive $1,300 from their tax return. They are considering using the money for a gas tank or suspension upgrades.
It's important to consider your financial situation and prioritize your expenses. If you're planning to use your tax refund to make a purchase, it would be best to understand the potential impact on your taxes for the next year. It would be best to consult with a tax professional or accountant to understand the tax implications of using your tax refund for this purchase.
If you decide to use your refund money to pay off your motorcycle, it may be beneficial in the long run by reducing your interest payments and increasing your overall savings. On the other hand, if you use it to upgrade your motorcycle, it could improve your overall satisfaction and enjoyment of your motorcycle. It's a personal choice, and you should consider what is more important to you at this time.
If you decide to use your refund money to upgrade your motorcycle, it's important to consider the cost and effectiveness of the upgrades. A gas tank upgrade may increase the fuel capacity of your motorcycle and make it more convenient for long rides. Suspension upgrades may improve the handling and overall performance of your motorcycle. It's important to research the different options available and compare the costs and benefits before making a decision.

· Registered
147 Posts
Back then or today, it still says the smart move is to always be at zero debt at the end of the year, month, day. It's more deposit $1300 on say an index fund and come back in 30yrs. Now you can afford that Super Lou Gear Rag [in my best Italian] and a tax accountant.

Live like evil knievil, or invest it better than oh, look at that sparkle! Your choice.

Signed,
NOLTT

1 - 17 of 17 Posts