Ducati.org forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A couple of months ago I bought a used aluminum tank off a 1198SP. Do you guys know if I could simply transfer my old fuel pump from 1098's plastic tank into aluminum one?
Ducati part numbers are different for 1098 and 1198SP fuel pumps,however fuel pumps for both models looks about the same in the pictures I saw.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Installed Corsa aluminum tank last week, swapped over ALL parts from plastic tank- no problems at all, just change filter while your at it,. If you want to replace "O" ring buy from Gotham, oem $51"vs" $18. Shop guys don't change "O' rings on first time en less see a problem. OEM filter $31 . .5-.6 gals bigger and lighter !!!

·
Registered
6,790 Posts
Not lighter when it's full..

:D

The large O-ring was supposed to be over $100 retail here. The shop 'cut me a deal' when I first needed one (in a hurry) for $80.

Turned out to be on the shelf at the bearing supplier for less than $5.

Part number here was BS341.

·
Registered
12,933 Posts
My tank gasket cost me $1600....it did come with a shiny new aluminum tank though!! I have a pump from an 1198 in it. It's slightly different from the 848 pump that came with my bike but then my 848 pump was manufactured back in 2007 and the 1198 pump manufactured in 2010.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts