Ducati.org forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 2008 Ducati 848 got a radiator leak. Is it a good idea to replace it with an aluminum radiator that's all over ebay?

·
Registered
79 Posts
I'll let you know when I install mine. I got one off ebay that was supposed to be from California but it was shipped from China. I might just get the top core removed from my stock rad and put it back in though.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'll let you know when I install mine. I got one off ebay that was supposed to be from California but it was shipped from China. I might just get the top core removed from my stock rad and put it back in though.
Definitely let me know. I read some reviews that it works but they had to modify the mounts to fit correctly. So you understand why I would question if it will cool this type of bike.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Hello! Two of my friends have replaced their old radiator with a new, aluminium one. They both ride a different bike than yours (a Ducati Panigale 1199 2012), but, I think their construction is almost the same as Ducati 848. One of them replaced his radiator 1,5 year ago and the other one, 2 months before. They both had to modify the mounts, as you said, but since they finished the replacement everything works perfect. None of them has any problem yet.

·
Registered
8 Posts
My 2008 Ducati 848 got a radiator leak. Is it a good idea to replace it with an aluminum radiator that's all over ebay?
I fitted one on my 2009 1098R about 18 months/12,000k ago. They look better and hold more water than the OEM radiator but the fins are now looking a bit tired even though I have SS mesh in front of it. The top mounts fit well but one side is not welded on that well. The bottom mount by the battery needed a longer bolt and some spacers to make it fit.. If this radiator craps out in the near future, I will definitely buy the same again as they are great value for money and do a good job.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts