Ducati.org forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

Does any one have 1994, 1995 and 1996 riders entry lists for the AMA series. Just trying to work out the history of an early 916R.:conveyer:

·
Registered
5,697 Posts
Sorry couldn't help myself

·
Registered
2,127 Posts
Here is all I know…

Fast By Ferraci raced the 888 in 93 and 94 winning both years championships in the AMA. The 916 didn't race on these shores until a year after it's street production release.

Mike Smith and Freddy Spencer raced the 916 in 1995.

Larry Pegram and Alessandro Gramigni in 1996.

Remember, back then the "homologation special" was called the SP or SPS depending on the year.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
MMMMMM..... I think it was Pennsylvania Maryland. Apart from the forks which were non Ducati FG8700, the rest of it was early 916R. Motor still had a matched pair of 95 casings, Ti rods 431 + G cams,, heads with Copper berrylium seats, c menon valves ( 2 bent ) 926 race gear ratios, FBF pistons are the only none factory item,aluminium swing arm with mag centre, 50mm tbs with early airbox and small runners, floating rear brake. etc etc Are all the bikes of the 4 riders accounted for ? Could it be its an FBF bitsa ????? May sell the FG8700, fully serviced with refinished black triples, IF I find a 93/94 926 Racing CF tank.......

·
Registered
2,127 Posts
Remember, the 95' would have been a 955cc machine and of course, that would have meant larger bore, so the pistons would probably be corse bits. Plus, the US 955's all had magnesium swing arm's, just like the European counterparts.

I have some vague information in a book which states there were 6 FBF 955's 1995. It does look like they kept the same bikes for 96' and they did run 3rd riders at a few rounds. So that would kinda fit the picture of why they brought in 6 bikes and how they could have run 3 riders.

I have yet to see a completely perfect non-replica Corse bike from the mid 90's that wasn't a museum piece. All the one's I've seen that run, are thrown together from bits and pieces, most of them built by ex-Ferraci guys, which is why they exist at all. So yea know, they'll have a corse frame, cases/gearbox, but missing the triple clamps, or missing the swing arm, or missing the cam's or pistons. They're incomplete in some way, which is unfortunate.

This last weekend I was at a Ducati event and there was a Foggy 996 Corse there. It was a real corse bike and the owner spent millions buying every single factory racer he could, this was one of the best examples he had. It was a running example as well, he's done a few track days on it, bike had NEW slicks mounted. It's nice to see the old queen still capable of running and being ridden.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Tom I has a Foggy bike as well, which the great man, actually rode a last year in the UK, at Mallory I think. There was supposed to be another re union this year at Donnington, but for
Foggy and said Ducati it was a none event. A non event for me I went to the UK to see it......There is talk that Tom may be buying Giancarlos # 2 '94 bike as well. Back to the FBF bitsa, she is 955, and has the correctly machined barrels / liners, with the flat spots top and bottom to ensure there is no contact with the crankcase bolts. Still not sure what she is or was. However she is getting a period sympathetic resto, the only exception being 96 Troy Corser body work........ Y not she is in Australia..... Just cannot find a non belly pan C/F fairing.....

·
Registered
2,127 Posts
Very cool! I really want a Bayliss era 998F02. I found one in the UK for 35K in 2008, but he wouldn't ship it anywhere and it didn't have any spares. I also found a Bayliss era 999F07 in Europe, that bloke had a lots of spares including an engine for only $70k euro's.

I think today, both of those bikes are museum pieces unfortunately. :(

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
70K EURO ????? That's mega bucks.......There are guys out there with bikes they would sell I am sure. There was a Bayliss bike for sale 6 months ago for 20k Euro, and verified by Livio at The Museum Ducati, ........ Sorry for the delay...... Flown to work and found out that they had banned all electronic devises !!!!! .......What a crock of [email protected] I have an ex WSBK 888 / 926 I would take 70k OZ for....... Maybe......

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.