Ducati.org forum banner

21 - 40 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
651 Posts
I suppose this means I'm in present company, is that right Eight?
That's certainly a matter of opinion, perspective and point of view. I would imagine that someone who spent a career defending the rights of others to live and speak as they choose might see things differently. My comment wasn't intended to be inflammatory - I very seldom have a beef with anyone on here.

My point was that you are waging a war of words in a manner that is exactly like those you've chosen to engage. You're disparaging them/us for how they disparage others. Frankly, I'm confused as to why you're doing this at all. The new forum management has come in, assessed the situation, sees things much the same way you do, decided to give a little ground to the "arsehats" (as you called us) to promote a happy community, but all I see from you is venom and a very strong desire to lock things down.

Sometimes the best offense is a good defense. I'd lay back, let nature take its course at this point. The direction is clear. Running around poking everyone in the eye isn't going to create a harmonious environment in the long term for anyone.

·
Registered
18,954 Posts
I have an idea for the sink / flame areas that might make everyone happy.

Our goal is to keep this place friendly for all members -- those who don't want to participate in the sink and those that do. The off-topic banter, etc.

Unfortunately the way the software is set up, everything gets mixed in together... someone searching for new posts will see all the topics, threads, etc. that are full of junk. Even if they don't want too.

If we created a couple of areas that someone had to 'join' specifically to see that content -- then they would only be seeing it if they wanted to.

That way, people can enjoy it... and people that don't want to see it don't have to see it.

Thoughts?
Well I do have to say that your efforts seem genuine and are commendable! I also think that Enzo was right the members are overreacting to this situation, Im guilty of this also.

But If I can make a suggestion, Alvin typically didn't need to go to such extremes, but was still able to keep us in line. You also don't need to create such a section, since you already have one, its called the Sink!

I admit the drivel that is acceptable in the sink at times seeps into the rest of this forum, and yes I agree that this has got to stop, Im also guilty of this and have narrowly skirted being banned.

I would suggest this

1) instead of creating a new section put a big warning sign up for the sink, letting everyone know that things can get a little out of hand in this section.

2) take the filter off the forum! Allow for those that want to use that type of language to do so in the sink, but reenforce the language and conduct of members outside of the sink.

The sink is like your local pub! Its usually a friendly comfortable place you go to relax. Yes there are fights down there but most of them either dissipate by themselves or other members will put an end to it. This has happened often, the entertainment value ends and the members get fed up with the feud. If all else fails ban them.

P.S. Right now you turned our pub into a g a y bar

·
Registered
18,954 Posts
Well said, but this is no longer a democratic Site more like cuba, and some in the sink are going for a swim
Yes your right! But it's their site! Not ours! They could easily have told all of us "regulars" to FOOK OFF:D! Instead they have gone out of their way, which they are not obligated to do, to accomadate us! I think rather then be hostile perhaps we should show a little gratitude!

·
Registered
581 Posts
I agree this seems like a genuine effort to offer us an arena for our free for all area.

Questions: In this subscription only area....can I post titties if labeled NSFW? Can I also tell that old retired bastard to fook off some more?

·
Registered
8,735 Posts
You know EZNOSO, there are a great deal more then myself who have had to endure and listen to your's and others bullying, gang tactics for years. How's it feel to finally be in the minority and on a very small amount in comparison, of the receiving end.
Dude get over yourself already. You've been a member for a few months only. If you had to SUFFER like you say, then why did you keep coming back? You were not obligated to do so, especially since there are so many other Ducati forums out there. I used to be a member on the MS forum for quite some time, then I got fed up with it and left. Simple as that. Even here there are some sections that I never go to because I don't care for all of them. But that's the great thing about it, you have the freedom of CHOICE! (and no don't flatter yourself, YOU didn't do anything for me to have that freedom:blah:)

El Chorizo, you're right that there is a difference between the VOCAL majority and the ACTUAL majority, but that's the whole point of voting...you speak up for what you care about and cast your opinion. Just like voting for a president. If those people were too afraid too speak up and vote (in an anonymous vote might I add), then that's their problem. They don't have any right to ***** about it now.

·
Banned
1,075 Posts
You know EZNOSO, there are a great deal more then myself who have had to endure and listen to your's and others bullying, gang tactics for years. How's it feel to finally be in the minority and on a very small amount in comparison, of the receiving end.

:laughing::laughing:
Dood you obviously have no idea at all. Enzoso?? bullying ?? :wtf:

He is twice the man & gentleman you could ever hope to be. Clearly you are just a puppet and the new sanctioned 'bully' of this site. Have fun with that won't you. :jerkoff:

·
Registered
18,954 Posts
:laughing::laughing:
Dood you obviously have no idea at all. Enzoso?? bullying ?? :wtf:

He is twice the man & gentleman you could ever hope to be. Clearly you are just a puppet and the new sanctioned 'bully' of this site. Have fun with that won't you. :jerkoff:
Agreed Enzo is probably THE most unlikely to bully anyone. If you new his past history he was bullied out of this forum a while back and didn't return until there was a small revolt against the bullies. He also stopped posting here in the last few months bc of the hostility in many of the threads. I would have to say that he certainly know what he is talking about when it comes to this subject!

·
Banned
215 Posts
how about a subscription to the site that gets you get a bigger avatar, colored names, access to a private free for all section, more PM space, etc.

ill gladly pay extra for that to show my support to this site since its finally enforcing rules and holding people accountable!

·
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
how about a subscription to the site that gets you get a bigger avatar, colored names, access to a private free for all section, more PM space, etc.

ill gladly pay extra for that to show my support to this site since its finally enforcing rules and holding people accountable!
A good idea, and something we can implement once we get all the other more important stuff taken care of first.

·
Registered
3,287 Posts
I vastly over-estimated the level of common courtesy I thought would be present with some forum members. My mistake.
Here's the thing, El Guapo, Chalupa, Internet Sausage King. We all have common courtesy but many of us have a sense of humor that you may not comprehend. The idea you have of a separate log-in area is a compromise and it's better than nothing. However, it's still not your smartest play. The smartest play would be leaving things as they are. Majority...the real one without the uh..."afraid silent voters." That's me calling bull**** on that, by the way.

In any event, please feel free to reel in that card-carrying hypocrite known as WERA. When he's not kissing your ass, he's busy contradicting himself and finding creative ways to call people "asshole." I could be creative, but I think he already knows my opinion-and many others' opinions-of him.

FYI...I think your sponsors are starting to get email from a good deal of members about the suckage. Just sayin'.

·
Banned
215 Posts
Here's the thing, El Guapo, Chalupa, Internet Sausage King. We all have common courtesy but many of us have a sense of humor that you may not comprehend. The idea you have of a separate log-in area is a compromise and it's better than nothing. However, it's still not your smartest play. The smartest play would be leaving things as they are. Majority...the real one without the uh..."afraid silent voters." That's me calling bull**** on that, by the way.

In any event, please feel free to reel in that card-carrying hypocrite known as WERA. When he's not kissing your ass, he's busy contradicting himself and finding creative ways to call people "asshole." I could be creative, but I think he already knows my opinion-and many others' opinions-of him.

FYI...I think your sponsors are starting to get email from a good deal of members about the suckage. Just sayin'.
I just spent $1,000 dollars on two vendors that were promoting their Black Friday sales... They seem real affected.... 😆

Thanks podium and pro Italia!!! Can't wait to get my stuff!! :)

·
Registered
3,287 Posts
Here's another thing you might have missed in your "Sisters of Purity Campaign to Clean Up the Internet." This really is a community. Guys like Ted, Smarty, and B-man have crossed continents to have month long vacations with one another. The only thing Ted's ever done on this board to piss anyone off is misspell a S#!TLOAD of words.

RC51? Saved my life with riding and gear advice. Both he and I were on hand as another member crashed on a mountain and had to be airlifted out. Even after much encouragement to slow it down, he persisted on trying to keep up with the fast guys and paid the ultimate price. However, RC and I met his parents at the hospital and told them all that happened. I went to the wake and the kid's mom is still a friend on facebook to this day. By the way, this was his first ride with us. We didn't even really know the guy but he and his family deserved respect.

The Canadians and a lot of core members who give each other a ration of **** on a daily basis? They all have traveled hundreds of miles for a group meetup. Legs and Boston Biceps have traveled to AUS, the Eastern US, and various places throughout the EU to meet up with other members.

There is an annual group that meets at Laguna.

I've met Ted, Smarty, B-Man, and countless others all due to this board.

I think The Red Baron got sponsors for his racing through this board.

My point? ALL OF US usually are on here, taking the piss out of it on a regular basis. You are changing an entire community because a few vayjays have been hurt?

True solution? Man up. Or as we like to say here on the board: HARDEN THE [email protected]#K UP!

·
Registered
3,287 Posts
I just spent $1,000 dollars on two vendors that were promoting their Black Friday sales... They seem real affected.... 😆

Thanks podium and pro Italia!!! Can't wait to get my stuff!! :)
You are one person, dude. There have been group buys here that make your $1000 seem like chump change. Enjoy your Black Friday. :jerkoff:

·
Banned
215 Posts
Oh dear...here we go with another internet tough guy. Where's "The Sausage King" or his reach around boy when you need them? I feel so threatened by you.
What did thou say-eth to me wench? I'll have thou know that I twas the greatest knight in my academy. I have been involved in numerous attacks on Jerusalem and have killed many Muslim scum. I am trained in Sapien tactics and I am the greatest longbowsman in all of England. Thou art nothing but and archer's target. I shall slay you with the like thou have never witnessed before. Thou think thy can get away with saying that over carrier pigeon communication? Nay, think once more. As we speak I have my fellow knights following thy pigeon and verily it shall lead to thy location. Be preparedeth for a storm. A righteous storm that shall end thy very life. Thou life is extinguished, I can be anywhere in England in a Fortnights time and can kill you in 500 different ways, and that's just with mine helmet. Not only am I trained in swordmanship, I have the entire King's army at mine disposal and I shall use it to salt you from this earth. If only thou could have known the wrath I shall have brought down upon you for thine "witty"comment. Maybe thou would have bide thy tongue. But alas thou couldn't and must pay the piper. I shall defecate all mine fury unto you and thou will drown in it. Thou art dead, flowride.

Feeling threaten yet?

;)

21 - 40 of 48 Posts