Ducati.org forum banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody have Andreani Misano Fork Cartridge Kit on their Monster? My 2015 Monster 821 can be a little choppy in the corners when the road isn't smooth. Stock suspension in the front is fixed, Ohlins are not available yet (at least I haven't found them), and I'm looking to upgrade. Reviews of Andreani and suggestions for other solutions appreciated.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I have the Andreani front fork adjustable cartridge kit installed. I don't know if it is misani, mupo, etc. The performance afterwards was like night and day.

Someone asked me to talk about pricing and maybe give more info in another thread so I'll add that here.

I had it done at a local shop for $930. They were having a Suspension special which brought the price down a bit (20% off labor, 18% off the kit).

They then set it up for me with gear on. Even driving her out of the shop and going over railroad tracks the improvements were notable - much less diving. I'm a 5' 6" woman, medium build, so I would think that if you were taller and heavier her squishy suspension would be even more annoying...? When I was riding around sportily in the twisties, she would dive and feel unsettled with any rough pavement, or, even more annoying, just letting off the throttle in a turn or coming into one. Now she feels much more planted. You might not notice it as much iif you primarily ride your bike as a commuter, but I still notice it around town, it's just less of a substantial difference there.

Hope that helps a bit more?

I think it is probably the single best thing I've done on the bike so far. Performance trumps bling! Now... for the Akra exhaust! :D

·
Registered
95 Posts
Interesting. I'm on the cusp of an 821 purchase and, having put quite a few miles on one, this is an area I was hoping to upgrade at some point. Not that it does anything wrong, It's nice to have a suspension dialed in to the rider. A big difference in confidence and ride quality.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I've upgrade my Monster 821 with an Adreani cartridge 2 weeks ago. Just drove a few miles on It, not fully tested them yet (roads only), but I love It! :D

So much more feedback you gain from the forks and not to forget more stability during hard braking and during cornering.
I hope to test the forks during a track day this year.:yo:

Also I had my computer send to Rexxer to tune It. I do not know the specifics of the tuning but it contains mapping and turning of one or more sensors that normally monitors the emission 3 rules.

Before the tuning the bike did run fine for me but now the refs are more stable during a constant speed. Also the bike pulls up earlier and has it a cleaner performance curve. The Termi's give a little deeper sound too :naughty:

All those upgrades are a match made in heaven :lovebirds:

Any recommendations for other upgrades?

·
Registered
151 Posts
Good to hear you like the upgrade... Any pictures?

·
Registered
100 Posts
I like the forks, but it looks like a pretty challenging home mod. I wonder if I can find a shop that will do it for around the same price. How much did you end up paying and where was it done?

·
Registered
1,181 Posts
I like the forks, but it looks like a pretty challenging home mod. I wonder if I can find a shop that will do it for around the same price. How much did you end up paying and where was it done?

Fork cartridges aren't hard and you don't need all of the special tools. I used the fork cap tool, a pair of pliers, wrenches, the motion pro fork level tool (not necessary but highly recommended), torque wrench for the triples and axle, cartridge holding tool for the Showa bits, and the nut tool for the front axle when I did my ohlins cartridges. The damper tool is nice to have but not necessary and I didn't have one.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I went to a Ducati Dealer Moto Puro (Netherlands, Nuenen), they did the job for me. It cost me 749 euro (around 837.04 Dollar). It's a lot of money but for the same price you cannot put in an Öhlins fork. I think that the money is worth it.

·
Registered
95 Posts
That's not far from what you would pay for a Stripe model that has the adjustable forks. In the USA, the price difference between a standard 821 and a Stripe is $750. You probably get nicer components with the Andreani forks too.

·
Registered
5 Posts
That's not far from what you would pay for a Stripe model that has the adjustable forks. In the USA, the price difference between a standard 821 and a Stripe is $750. You probably get nicer components with the Andreani forks too.

I let told me by the owner of the Ducati dealer that the fork are similar to the Monster 1200S version. Only you'll miss the gold of Öhlins ;)

Maybe a downside of this upgrade is that it is possible that you notice the lag of your back suspension.

·
Registered
151 Posts
This looks like a really good upgrade for the standard Kayaba forks.

I WILL make this upgrade... after I purchase the hardwood flooring for the living room, of course... :)

Bike looks very nice!

Reactions: kltk1
1 - 20 of 46 Posts