Ducati.org forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
All,
I bite the bullet an got a set of Chinese fairings from ifairings. After 20,000+ plus miles my OE fairings were starting to show some wear and tare and I wanted to save them while they still looked ok. Plus I was going to add a few things that I might need to drill a few holes for in the fairing so I got a set of Chinese fairing. See Below for a lot of pictures.

The Good:

• Paint was 8/10. I few minor issues but a lot better than I could do
  • Quality of the plastic seems good
  • Looked just like the pictures on the website
  • A lot cheaper than a custom paint job
  • Wind Screen is actual very nice
  • Comes with all the same pieces at the OE Body Work

The Bad:

• Some fitment issues. Most parts fit well, but there was a few pieces that required some grinding.
  • Will not fit up with some of the stock body work. I did not try every pieces but the few I did tray the fitment was not very good
  • No Hardware, have to reuse the original hardware
  • Had to Paint the inside of the front upper fairing
    A lot of the holes had heavy flash in them that needed to be drilled out.

Other Parts Need:

• Rubber Well Nuts M5 x 0.8, I think I used 28 of them
    Heat Shielding, it came with a couple of small sections but I ended up using a lot more than that.

The Box:
Linens Room Furniture

Side Panel, with Correct Spelling:
Carbon Auto part Rim

Nice Double Bubble Screen:
Plastic bag Plastic Plastic wrap Transparency

Crooked D in Ducati:
Font Logo Brand Trademark Vehicle

Side:
Automotive exterior Bumper Fender Auto part Spoiler

Lower Side:
Automotive exterior Bumper Spoiler Auto part Bumper part

Seat Cover:
Automotive exterior Automotive design Spoiler Bumper Auto part

Front Upper, had to paint the inside so it would look good installed
Personal protective equipment Inflatable Lingerie

Front Fender:
Auto part Leg Fender Armrest Bicycle saddle

Front Lower:
Bumper Automotive exterior Auto part

Tail:
Personal protective equipment Automotive exterior Bumper Auto part

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Fitment

Fitment Pictures

Front:
Vehicle Car Windshield Automotive lighting Glass

Gas Tank Gap: Had to make the holes a lot larger to make it fit, but my tank is a little swollen
Tire Automotive tire Auto part Bumper Wheel

Tail Section Fitment: Had it grind 2-3mm in the area in red to get the cover to come off correctly
Automotive exterior Bumper Vehicle Fender Car

Stock Passenger Seat: Has several large gaps
Vehicle Automotive exterior Car Automotive lighting Auto part

Paint Issue: This is the only major paint issue I have found yet.
Bumper Automotive exterior Vehicle door Rim

Typical Gap:
Vehicle door Automotive exterior Bumper Auto part Rim

Tail Screen:
Automotive exterior Bumper Hood Auto part Grille

Tail Hole Alignment: Had Several holes that had fitment like this, but easy to fix
Bumper Auto part Automotive tire Automotive exterior Rim

Gap around the Windscreen:
Automotive exterior Vehicle Vehicle door Hood Car

Gas Tank Side Panel:
Vehicle Car Mid-size car Supercar Porsche

Pin strip over lap:
Wire Technology Automotive exterior Electrical wiring

·
Registered
99 Posts
You had a couple of issues but it seems like you were able to work it out. In fact, you made out far better than I did. I'm working my way through a fairing mess now and I'll share my story in the near future. I was reluctant to order one of the Chinese kits and I eventually ran across Norac Racing Parts in Italy. I wrongly assumed that because the merchant was located in Italy that I stood a better than average chance of receiving a decent set of fairings. As it turned out, the tracking number showed the package originated in China. I'm certain that anyone who's in the market for a set of aftermarket fairings will be able to narrow their search after hearing my story.

·
Registered
100 Posts
You had a couple of issues but it seems like you were able to work it out. In fact, you made out far better than I did. I'm working my way through a fairing mess now and I'll share my story in the near future. I was reluctant to order one of the Chinese kits and I eventually ran across Norac Racing Parts in Italy. I wrongly assumed that because the merchant was located in Italy that I stood a better than average chance of receiving a decent set of fairings. As it turned out, the tracking number showed the package originated in China. I'm certain that anyone who's in the market for a set of aftermarket fairings will be able to narrow their search after hearing my story.
I would love to know the store as I'm about to order a set for my 848 EVO SE and want it to look as great as the bike truly is. Right now, they are dingy, cracked, and road rashed. I would rather not drop money on garbage. I have been going back and forth between Aliebaba or Ebay, but haven't pulled the trigger yet.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
USFBiotech, I thought about race fairings, but I hate bodywork and my paint jobs always look like crap. The paint job on the Chinese fairings are not perfect, but still they are 5 times better than I could do. If would have bought race fairings more than likely I would have wrapped them.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Anyone who's in the market for an aftermarket fairing kit should take a moment and view this segment of Breaking It Down on YouTube. I guarantee that it'll help narrow your search.

Breaking It Down, The Ducati 1199 Panigale (Modifications-Part 8), Aftermarket Fairings-Installation and Review

The seller is located in Italy but the tracking information shows that the fairings originated in China... just what I was trying to avoid.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.