Ducati.org forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
438 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello and thanks for the info I have gathered so far from this forum. Has been very helpful along with the Manuel/CD.

I just picked up this base model 2009 1198 with 727 miles on it. It was bone stock except for the PO took of the reflectors on the front fender.

I have added, shifttech under tank panels. A LP integrated tail light. Evotech fender elim. And a saddleman seat.

This is my first Ducati, I have owned G750's-1000rr-r6's-r1's. And I now see why Ducati commends the money they do. this 1198 feels like a cam'ed out vehicle.

I am going with a full exhaust here in a week or 2. once I hit a little over 1000 miles after I change the oil. The 600 mile service was done but once I open her up a little bit over 7K I want to check the oil.just for piece.

·
Registered
1,229 Posts
+3 on the congrats.. looks like an awesome find

BTW was your 1000rr the BMW or Honda?

·
Registered
438 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
+3 on the congrats.. looks like an awesome find

BTW was your 1000rr the BMW or Honda?

Thanks guys.
I just sold my old pan/shovelhead to buy this Duc. I was tried of fiddling with oil leaks,old carb, points, kick start only. I thought I was ready to slow down... I wasn't.

The 1000rr was a repsol ed honda 2005. last year of the big body's.I really like the colour scheme on that 1, the Italian blue. looked black at night.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts