Ducati.org forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have decided to tackle the belt replacement job myself on the 1198S. I struggled for quite sometime to remove the vertical cover (what a PITA). I followed the instruction from CA Cycleworks (marked the belts and got the new belts on).

My questions is:

(1.) How do you adjust the Tensioner pulley? There is not slot except for the two pin holes. I watched the youtube video from CA Cycleworks multiple times. They used a crescent wrench to adjust the tensioner pulley but the 1198s does not provide slot for adjustments.

(2.) Also, once the belts has been tension properly. What is the torque value for the nut?

·
Registered
1,665 Posts
Don't over tighten these nuts. Probably best to get new ones as they are self locking. Reusing them once is probably okay but be careful with the tension on it, the rod will stretch if you over tighten them.

Use a pair of needle pliers to rotate the pulley, if the pulley has two holes in it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.