Ducati.org forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm sick of my bike leaning so far and all my attempts to improve the kickstand haven't worked well. This is an 03 749 shallow sump motor. Could something like a Monsters steel kickstand be fitted to this engine case? Does anyone know off hand if there's a correct kickstand to get for the same length?

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That's pretty spendy and I have a feeling my welding a bigger contact patch into the bracket will mean I have to source a new one of those too. I wish I still had my Hyper to test fit the stand brackets between models.

·
Registered
1,918 Posts
The other option is to put an extension onto the foot (bottom) of the stand. That's the cheapest DIY way to go.
Delrin etc, or welding etc.

·
Registered
6,790 Posts
I realise the 749/999 sidestand is a little different to those on the 916-998 series or the 848/1X98 series, but I have improved many on the older 916-type by simply building up the stop slightly with aluminium weld.
Then you can hand-work the weld to allow the stand to go forward just far enough.
Many stands are unstable as the stop allows the stand to go too far forward. They rectified this for the 1098 onwards.

·
Registered
2,127 Posts
The slingshot racing side stand looks like a wonderful option.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts