Ducati.org forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondering if we have anyone on this site from Calgary?

·
Registered
12 Posts
did you order your 1098 from ottawa goodtime center in ottawa? I got mine Feb 6th and took it back to put on my new full system that cam in today?

·
Registered
2,031 Posts
I'm not from Calgary, but with our 1098's we're only minutes apart! ;)

I'm from Ontario.

·
Registered
144 Posts
TufDuc,
What's Calgary like....what's the taxes and living standard.... could a welder make a living up there?

I want to visit Baniff,

Oh, how many month's are bike worthy?

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Calgary is great! There are about a Ba-zillion-trillion jobs here. No provincial sales tax (the only prov. in Canada) only GST. As for riding the season is generally April to Nov, but you can see bikes out every month of the year. Tonnes of great riding here only 45 minutes to The mountains and another 15 minutes to Banff

·
Registered
1 Posts
Tufduc....
I live in Canmore, close enough. Just bought a 07 S4R. Almost broken-in! We should ride once the weather becomes more favorable!

·
Registered
176 Posts
I just came back from a great trip to Banff and Lake Louise. I took the Rocky Mountaneer from Vancouver. AWSOME!!! All I could think of was how much more fun it would have been on my bike! :) I love cold weather, but that was really cold at night there. At least the heat from the exhaust pipes will keep you warm. :) It's gonna cook my n*ts over here in Texas this summer.

I now live in Dallas, TX and really miss living in Vancouver.:( Good thing is you can buy a HUGE house over here for less than $200K!! :) Riding all year really makes it tolerable too.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I'll bet you won't miss the rain in Vancouver. 200k? for a house. That's great. The average house price here is around 420K now.

·
Registered
176 Posts
I don't miss the rain that much, but I sure miss the mountains, smell of pine trees, and the ocean.
Dallas is still cheap to live in and the economy is fine. There are no mountains ro oceans to look at, but the women are $#$^%#$%^^%& HOTTTT. I'm married so that doesn't matter, but the bike really does get some looks. LOL. :)

·
Registered
6 Posts
Another Calgarian here!!!!

Just waiting for my new 848 to arrive from Rev.

They called me yesterday and said it would be a month late, which brings my to the end of April. Kinda pissed, cuz when I bought it they said end of March.

Lets all get together for a ride when the weather improves!!!

·
Registered
51 Posts
If you are having a hard time getting your bikes I know Argyll in edmonton still has a few 848's and one 1098 left. Oh by the way I am from Devon which is 15 min southwest of Edmonton. I am doing a trip with some friends in July from Calgary to Vernon if anyone is interested.

·
Registered
1,431 Posts
Did you get your bike at rev? They told me that I'm am number 2 on the list to receive one from the new shipment. I'm suppose to be heading down there in a week to get mine but the sooner the better. So is the new shipment in yet? I have been waiting s year for it!
I am. Just got my 1098 on Saturday. Was out the 1a, Cochrane etc, today. Love it, but it does stall once in a while.

·
Registered
1,431 Posts
That's nuts. I'm moving to red deer next year. The average cost of a single family home in fort Mac is 625k.
I'll bet you won't miss the rain in Vancouver. 200k? for a house. That's great. The average house price here is around 420K now.

·
Registered
8,969 Posts
That's nuts. I'm moving to red deer next year. The average cost of a single family home in fort Mac is 625k.
Damn dude, my three bedroom house with a double car garage and five acres of land, creek out back would go for around 75 grand, maybe 100 considering all the renos I've done. I've got a lot of neighbours flying to Fort mac to work, airfare on the Westjet deal still beats those house prices. Think of the bikes you'd get with that spare change:D

·
Registered
1,431 Posts
Lol its an investment. I payed 362k for mine a year ago and now its worth 515k. I'm sellin it next year and headin south close to the track and warmer weather. I have lived here for 7 years and have not liked it from day one. I'm glad I came here tho, ill walk away doin pretty good. Maybe buy a 998 mono once I move to reddeer.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Hey Big Cheeze:

"Did you get your bike at rev?" - Nope, got it from Sport Cycle. Great guys there - actually I traded up to an S this year - they have a new sales guy (Derek) who really knows bikes - and raced for years. Nice guy too. They have a couple of Black "s" left if you are still lookin'.

"They told me that I'm am number 2 on the list to receive one from the new shipment. I'm suppose to be heading down there in a week to get mine but the sooner the better. So is the new shipment in yet? I have been waiting s year for it!"

They just got a shipment in last week (when I picked up my Red S) so if you are looking and haven't put any cash down at rev, dropping by Sport Cycle could be a quick visit!

It snowed a foot here yesterday, and it's going to be 19c tomorrow. I'm planning on riding to work tomorrow...

1 - 20 of 28 Posts