Ducati.org forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I am looking for another 749R owner/s, to talk about our bikes. I have a lot of questions and would value some advice or insight about your experiences with this bike. 04 to 06, makes no difference to me. There has to be more R riders out there?
I have met other 749/s/dark model riders out there and enjoyed the conversations, but I really need an R owner please. There are certain characteristics I want info on that are only specific to this bike. Please if you are out there, get back to me. If you know of any or even a former owner, feel free to pass this massage on. Any help or information would be greatly appreciated.

Attachments

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'm here! What kinda questions do you have?
Hi tye, sorry I never got any notification that there was a response? Guess I assumed the site would notify me by email? Regardless, thanks for getting back to me.
I am wondering a few things, are you located in Van or the surrounding area? Street or track? Did you have an issues with your clutch when you first used it, if you in fact use it on the street? What year is your R? I am wondering about putting the 04 carbons on my 05 and wondering about the fit? I have heard that some have succeeded, while others failed.
Mostly I would like to talk to someone else that owns this bike. I would really like to find one located in or around the Vancouver, so we can meet and talk bikes, I have chatted with the 999R owners and various other models of this ilk, but as of yet, can not find anyone locally that owns one? Surely there has to be, but so far no luck.
Get back to me at your convenience, I will do my best not wait a couple months to get back. Thanks for your time...cheers.

Korry

·
Banned
5,501 Posts
I'm a racer based out of Southern California, but I tend to answer 749R questions. ;)

I had an 06' 749R and know the bike inside and out.

If you are unfamiliar with dry clutches, they can be different. The stock clutch assembly, slave/master cylinders, I never used. I generally take all that junk off and replace it first when building a track bike. For the street, it would also be wise to do the same thing. I use a 16x18 radial master and a 30mm slave, this will help greatly with the clutch pull and feeling. The aftermarket clutch assembly isn't as necessary, the stock setup DOES work and it IS a slipper. Its just not a very SMOOTH engaging slipper, it tends to be notchy feeling.

The 04 - 06' bikes are identical outside of the plastics, so yes you can put the carbon fiber plastics onto your bike no problem. You will have to replace everything up front (sides, bottom and nose) in order for everything to bolt up. But it literally should bolt right up no problem at all.

I have never seen another 749R randomly on the street. On the track, they were extremely popular and I use to see them everywhere when I was racing or at track days. Now a days, good examples seem to be in the hands of collectors and every once in a while you see one for sale with low mileage. I do think people simply buy them and store them because there were a lot made and they all seem to have vanished! Part of the reason is the part expense for re-build, people simply part them if they need re-building due to the cost.

Anyway, good luck with your quest, enjoy the bike! I'm here every day, so if you have questions, just keep coming back. :)

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the response tye1138, I have managed to find a complete set off of an 05 999R that will fit right on. I will have to have the sides repainted to have the 749R matching under carbon to show through, but it will be worth the cost. I absolutely can not stand the 04 front fairings with the 2 extra air vents on top. I find them hideous and redundant, but to each their own. If nothing else, I will have a unique looking bike. Thanks again to any and all who responded. Cheers.

·
Registered
2,127 Posts
I don't think so, that looks like it's for the termi.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I am looking for another 749R owner/s, to talk about our bikes. I have a lot of questions and would value some advice or insight about your experiences with this bike. 04 to 06, makes no difference to me. There has to be more R riders out there?
I have met other 749/s/dark model riders out there and enjoyed the conversations, but I really need an R owner please. There are certain characteristics I want info on that are only specific to this bike. Please if you are out there, get back to me. If you know of any or even a former owner, feel free to pass this massage on. Any help or information would be greatly appreciated.
I just picked up a 2005 749R

1 - 12 of 12 Posts