Ducati.org forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking for a staple boot that I can use on the track without the outsides of my footbones screaming in pain from being crushed after a few hours of riding. I have quite a wide foot and the European shoes tend to hurt (Dianese/Sidi).

Perhaps a boot company that runs wide or a custom fit? Any companies/brands that come to mind?

My normal shoe size is 45 (10.5W)

·
Registered
58 Posts
alpine star SMX plus. absolutely bar none the most comfortable boot in history. the inner sock feels like heaven.
I've spent entire weekends in these boots, trackday, bar, walk around, another trackday, long ride home honestly if it wasn't for the color i would wear these every day. ( i got white to match my gear because I'm "that" guy. ) :p

OH .. i also have a wide foot.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
alpine star SMX plus. absolutely bar none the most comfortable boot in history. the inner sock feels like heaven.
I've spent entire weekends in these boots, trackday, bar, walk around, another trackday, long ride home honestly if it wasn't for the color i would wear these every day. ( i got white to match my gear because I'm "that" guy. ) :p

OH .. i also have a wide foot.
Alpine Stars keeps coming up actually, perhaps I'll give them more notice. Especially these boots : )

·
Registered
77 Posts
Alpinestars Supertech R is the most comfortable boots I have tried to date. They tend to run wide, as most recommend a size down. Similar to the SMX plus but with a full inner boot as opposed to a half boot. Right now the 2016 colors are out so you can find 2015's for under $400

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
Hands down on Alpinestars SMX Plus.
You will never buy another boot.

Reactions: reverus

·
Registered
170 Posts
Interesting, I have short, fat, wide feet. All my shoes are EE widths.

I can't even get my feet in Alpinestars, because of the narrow fit, unless I go up two sizes.

I have several pairs of Sidi's which fit perfectly and are wide for my problem feet. I have the Crossfire's for dirt riding, two pairs of the Vertigo Road Race and a pair of the Sidi Tour Gortex for touring.

I've found the Sidi sizing very consistent across boot models.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.