Ducati.org forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
8,735 Posts
I've heard of them, but it's been a long time. Haven't seen anyone locally that got one, just a few people on the forums a while back.

How much does it cost?

·
Registered
8,735 Posts
Oh yeah, fuck that! haha...I got my Ducabike slipper clutch for just under $600 brand new (but without plates, which can be bought separately for around $250ish). It works great and it's very smooth!

Reactions: [email protected]

·
Registered
12,933 Posts
Yeah the only benefit the Wagner has is it's weight savings and that's only really going to benefit a dedicated track donkey.

·
Registered
2,127 Posts
I know the developer of this clutch personally and spent an afternoon at his house discussing it.

The whole concept is a clutch that won't beat it self to death in a dry clutch environment, similar to STM's 48 tooth system. It's extremely well made and offers better engagement as well.

It's unfortunate the thing is so expensive because it really does fix all the dry clutch wear problems.

Ohh and no, he couldn't make it a slipper. :(

·
Registered
8,735 Posts
Oh it's not a slipper?? Well then, double fuck that! Worthless!

·
Registered
2,127 Posts
Yea, you can't make a slipper out of the design because the plates need to twist slightly for a slipper to work properly and those plates fit so tight, they would jam. :(

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
No one builds them like this,Quality over Wanna-Be !

I was interested in it's longevity and quality built and made w/ the best resources available.I can care less about track or slipper chit.This would make my bike pull easier w/ weight and last for years w/o that replacing plates like them slipper clutches which are good for track not sport touring.This will be an awesome purchase imo,there seem's to be nobody that can match this set-up.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.