Ducati.org forum banner

21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
8,735 Posts
I picked up a 2007 1098s with 5500 miles that had sat for two years with maybe 20 miles ridden in that two year period. font left fork seal was leaking like a siv. I spent all my coin on the bike and didnt have the left over to replace the seals so I tried that sealmate. It actualy worked, since using it I have not had a dribble out of those forks. Nocks on Wood.
just make sure to slide it up in an angeled and be sure the plastic is curved to the shock body or it wont fit and you will just crease it. I ordered two just to be sure.
did you add fluid after you sealed it then??

·
Registered
61 Posts
did you add fluid after you sealed it then??
no, didnt loose enough to add more. local shop popped them open and said they should be fine. going to have them rebuilt for my weight this summer if I get that advancement. E5-E6 is mighty slow these day's

·
Registered
8,735 Posts
if they say so....

it's important that you have the same amount of fluid in both fork tubes. if your left one was "leaking like a siv" and the other fine, there may be a significant difference there. just a thought...

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Tried 3 times to get the thing to spin around the fork under the seal and just lost a shitload of oil. blaaa guess it was worth a shot

·
Registered
106 Posts
Sealmate

I picked up a 2007 1098s with 5500 miles that had sat for two years with maybe 20 miles ridden in that two year period. font left fork seal was leaking like a siv. I spent all my coin on the bike and didnt have the left over to replace the seals so I tried that sealmate. It actualy worked, since using it I have not had a dribble out of those forks. Nocks on Wood.
just make sure to slide it up in an angeled and be sure the plastic is curved to the shock body or it wont fit and you will just crease it. I ordered two just to be sure.
Sounds just like me -- right down to the model and mileage on the bike -- same problem -- paid good coin for a very good, low millage bike and have same problem.
Cheers for the tip on sealmate -- ordered one the other day (still waiting on it to get here)
Thanks 2nsane

21 - 25 of 25 Posts