Ducati.org forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My bike came with the older termis and they stick out just a little more than i like. Anyone ever shorten theirs? Id love to get a set of the new style but until i know im keeping her i dont want to put anymore money into it. Just spent $1400 for belts, filters, plugs and tires.

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
My bike came with the older termis and they stick out just a little more than i like. Anyone ever shorten theirs?
I have seen the older Termi cans shortened..

Not sure on the fabrication process though -

·
Registered
1,281 Posts
Very easy process. Drill out the rivets on the end cap, remove the end cap, transpose the rivet holes at the length you want to cut, measure twice- cut once.

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
^ Did it to my Termi and stock cans. I did however purchased rivets online because of their unique size, home depot nor any automotive stores didn't have it. This is also the time to repack your fiberglass. Good luck!

·
Registered
1,281 Posts
^ Did it to my Termi and stock cans. I did however purchased rivets online because of their unique size, home depot nor any automotive stores didn't have it. This is also the time to repack your fiberglass. Good luck!
I got the rivets at home depot when I did mine. Cored my OEM exhaust and also re packed my termis. When I repacked the termis the insulation weighed a ton and was very stiff. I didn't have a scale but my guess was a 1 lb + per can.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts