Ducati.org forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there anyone else out there who have bought a 1098...???
I know Minerva has sold about 25 units of 1098/1098S so far.

Come ON! come out whoever you are...!!! :) :stickpoke

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hey darthmaul, I checked out Minerva's site and I'll be darned if I can't find any contact details anywhere on the site. Any idea how to get ahold of them?

scubadude

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi all - I hope to pick up my 1098S at Minerva on Monday morning. I would love to get to know and possibly ride with fellow Singaporeans. This will be my first superbike, having owned a BMS R1100S prior to this bike.

I actually have a few questions, mostly concerning riding tips on such a different bike. I may post a new topic on this, but if you had time to talk about the front brake, accidental wheelies, etc., I would be greatful.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Well congrats! bring it to the track and run it in there.
I believe you just have to be very linear when applying either the trottle or the brakes. The track is a good place to learn everything you mention.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Greetings Darth,

We've met.

darthmaul said:
Is there anyone else out there who have bought a 1098...???
I know Minerva has sold about 25 units of 1098/1098S so far.

Come ON! come out whoever you are...!!! :) :stickpoke

·
Registered
2 Posts
Just installed the Acculign and I should be receiving a set of forged mags from Joe next month..... can't wait :D

darthmaul said:
hi cyclop! good to see you here. What have you done to your bike lately?

·
Registered
148 Posts
Hi,
Yes I have a 1098 I got in May last year from Minerva. 40K SGD is the round about price. They have a full range of bikes. We also have the Ducati owners club of Singapore. I'm the secretary of it. If you want to know more details pop down to Minerva there is club info there and we hold a clinic every second Saturday so people can talk to the club committee etc.

Regards
Jamil
h/p +65 9666 1884

·
Registered
1 Posts
Info U Require

Front Brake: Brembo Monoblocs are the strongest I have tried, one to 2 fingers is sufficient to brake. Practice going 100kmh and modulate braking gradually until you near stopping speed and try braking harder till you elicit a stoppie. Practice braking normally and harder until you are familiar.

Accidental Wheelies :) - LOL - It is a torque monster, one of the few bikes that will wheelie on first straight away. Just relax on the throttle until it starts to move and then to hard acclerate, put more downward pressure on the handlebars. Don't forget to pinch the tank with your knees, it is so powerful I tend to slip back - tank grippers will definitely help. Good thing is that it is an L-twin so powerband is linear unlike the high revving rice rockets. great in corners as you don't get an accleration spike - just roll on and roll off.

Note on throttle: For such an expensive bike the 1098 does not come with a slipper clutch - I put one in after my break in period. Also the Throttle is very edgy in the beginning - you may want to take a look at the evoluzion throttle controller which modulates the beginning throttle cycle for a smoother and more easily controllable feel.

I may be shipping my Ducati back from the States - can you pls. tell me how much you paid for one in Singapore New? - Oh BTW, the bike loves to tip and lean more than Jap bikes and it is actually better balanced in a straight line, you can really tell when it is going slow. The spit and grumble is what I paid for - what a beauty. Maybe we can ride together sometime.

Charles

·
Registered
148 Posts
Esay Now

a 1098 base will go for around 38000 SGD, an S will go for an extra 10k SGD. We reckon it's going to be cheaper to bring it in from the states.

Regards

·
Registered
1 Posts
Esay Now

a 1098 base will go for around 38000 SGD, an S will go for an extra 10k SGD. We reckon it's going to be cheaper to bring it in from the states.

Regards
Thanks. And may i ask, how about the 848? And are there any 2008 848's left, that the dealer's are letting go off cheap (or with some deals thrown in)?

Thanks again.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Just took delivery of my 848 and they threw in a set of termis. So I think it is a pretty good deal but I also know that they are selling the 1098S for a very good price right now.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Hi hayden,
if ya talking bout the 1098 base model... I don't think there is any more brand new of it.. but for 1098s, I'm not quite sure though... can check it out for u when I drop by Minerva for a visit... :p

LM

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hi all - I hope to pick up my 1098S at Minerva on Monday morning. I would love to get to know and possibly ride with fellow Singaporeans. This will be my first superbike, having owned a BMS R1100S prior to this bike.

I actually have a few questions, mostly concerning riding tips on such a different bike. I may post a new topic on this, but if you had time to talk about the front brake, accidental wheelies, etc., I would be greatful.
I would be greatful.[/

1 - 20 of 36 Posts