Ducati.org forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
247 Posts
Bunches, maybe just not on here. Where are you actually? ATL is pretty big.

If youre in the city you can catch a couple of groups either Tuesday at Victory Sandwich Bar in Inman Park or on Thursday Augustines on Memorial.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I am in Cumming. Near Sugar Hill. Where are you?

I will try those spots if it is EVER not raining and the virus does not close everything.

Just keep fuel in the tanks... I pay at the pump.

Rex

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I will be down in the city often enough... But the Mountains are almost at my door...
Dont ever just drive by without a heads up!

Yeah about the group...
I do absolutely ZERO social media...
I figured there might be some on there but I am going to have to be very lonely to put that on my device just for some rides...

I may just wait on the side of 400 and join when they pass by going north :)

But, I never say never...

Rex

·
Registered
247 Posts
You do you, but that is basically a place where people can post up saying "who is down for a ride X" and get it going.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Are those meets happening now? Early spring?
I will be at the Duc Shop tomorrow for new Rosso III's...

Mountains this weekend. Supposed to be beautiful.You up for a ride?

Rex

·
Registered
247 Posts
Some guys who are out of work or retired are going up to the mountains but meets are largely off for obvious reasons.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Plenty of riders up there last week. I met 2 guys one on a Triumph and another on A Ducati.
I never saw the park there on rte 348 so busy. I counted over 40 cars parked on just one side of the road. Nobody was practicing social distancing but the riders.

I got new tires last week Rosso III's last week at the Duc Shop. I road in the rain yesterday to drop it off to get belts and fluids done as I have no service records at all. This will reset me and I can track everything going forward.

Stay safe, plenty of time later for riding.

Rex

·
Registered
247 Posts
Pictures arent loading.

Its been great weather to get up there if you can. Pack a lunch. The girlfriend and I have been doing short rides to the park and picnicking in the evenings but I work for a healthcare company so Im obviously not off work.

·
Registered
247 Posts
Ive been riding when free but still working so its been limited to weekends and PTO. Did take Friday off and ride up Braswell/Brushy mountain with the girlfriend on the back and the neighbor on his bike.

·
Registered
247 Posts
Pics dont work. Might either run around town or take a short jaunt up to Brushy mountain on Friday.

I really mainly need a weeks lead time and good weather.

·
Registered
247 Posts
Probably going to do a ride close to Atlanta tomorrow afternoon and then a real ride up in Suches on Sunday morning.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Probably going to do a ride close to Atlanta tomorrow afternoon and then a real ride up in Suches on Sunday morning.
Yeah colder today.
So near ATL tomorrow and Suches Sunday.
I am up or a ride if you want to get together.

Why aren't you riding Saturday.

Rex

·
Registered
247 Posts
Doing my errands Saturday. Honestly tomorrow is just to get out, not really going anywhere.

Plan right now is to get to Two Wheels of Suches at 10 and leave there BY 10:30. Plan is to take the Corse up to use up some of the center of the tire because the shoulders are at 50% and they sometimes make you swap them at that.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Im located in Cumming; Im in the mountains almost every weekend.

Let me know when you guys are riding.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts