Ducati.org forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey team,

I picked up an Arrow Exhaust for my 848 Evo, and I thought I just had to remove the pressure ring for the DB killer to come out, but appears thats NOT the case.

Tried removing the tips, but they are riveted and not allen keys like I though.

Anyone done this?
thanks
joey

·
Registered
'12 848evo, '13 Hypermotard SP, '94 CBR600f2 track bike, '06 CBR600rr track bike
909 Posts
remove snap rings, ride bike at WOT until DB killers fall out :dance:

·
Registered
12,933 Posts
We just removed a silencer from an Arrow exhaust and ended up tearing the rivets out trying to get it out. The snap ring came out easy but it looks like it might have been inserted slightly cocked from Arrow and jammed in from a few heat cycles. Finally got it out but the can was destroyed in the process. Be careful when pulling on it.

·
Registered
1,807 Posts
Congrats on owning the absolute BEST exhaust for any Ducati (IMHO here)
As a matter of fact, I just sent Arrow a long email regarding a thread on here I just stumbled across that rose my eyebrows and grabbed my attention big time!

New Arrow exhaust - Ducati 1299 Forum

I have no clue on HOW to remove the DB killer but it seems these other helpful members have you covered on it right here man! This is all Arrow has about them on their site, lol :)

"What does the dB-killer is needed for?"

(dB-killer (used on most of Arrow street legal exhausts) is used to reduce power and noise levels in a way to meet European requirements (fixed by European Directive 97/24/EC and its modifications). On amny Arrow silencers the dB-killer can be removed to be able to use the exhaust in “full power” mode on racetracks. WARNING: if the dB-killer is removed, the exhausts is no longer matching the requirements stated fot power and noise levels, therefore it canot be used on public roads." )

Best wishes and enjoy that AWESOME pipe brother!

****LOOK WHAT I JUST FOUND TOO! (Sometimes the Search engine here works very good!)

http://www.ducati.org/forums/how-tos/37340-arrow-silencers-db-killer-removal.html

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
So, as an FYI, between the space in the O ring is a TINY Tig welded piece of metal. Like, a 1cmx1cm to simply hold the silencer in place. you can spin the DB killer freely, but this tiny piece creates a stop so that it cannot fall out. Kinda primitive actually. Like nailing a piece of 2x4 in front of an open door so it doesnt close...

Literally took 5 seconds to remove. Lined a flat head screw driver up with where the small weld meets the tip and gave it a tap with the hammer. Snapped right off clean on both. *ping*.... *ping* the end.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts