Ducati.org forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I really don't want to find out for myself so I'll ask. What kind of top speed can I expect out of this 1200 and any guess on a quarter mile time?
I know my shoulders have been close to being dislocated on this thing and I'm trying to keep it below 6000 until after break in. Ha ha!

·
Registered
29 Posts
I really don't want to find out for myself so I'll ask. What kind of top speed can I expect out of this 1200 and any guess on a quarter mile time?

I know my shoulders have been close to being dislocated on this thing and I'm trying to keep it below 6000 until after break in. Ha ha!

I have seen online somewhere 156 mph @ 10.4 seconds... Give it a shot bro

·
Registered
23 Posts
I am riding in urban mode for a hundred miles now. I will wait s while until I find out myself and it will have to be on a track

·
Registered
4 Posts
257 Km/h in sport mode (DTC off) with stock exhaust and 3900Km in odometer. Maybe it can accelerate for 3-4 Km/h more but the jacket I was wearing was inappropriate.

Ducati Monster 1200s - KTM 1190 Adventure R

·
Registered
7 Posts
I have done 10:30 @131mph. The quarter mile time is directly proportionate to your willingness to rev it up and drop the clutch.

It took me an afternoon to really work up the courage to launch it hard.

I have only drag raced it in the "as I ride" set up, so there is more to be had and I'm a fat guy.

I think if you strapped the front end and could launch it hard enough it would be 10:10-10:20. Close to 140mph.

10:30 is about all I will get out of it, and I'm probably more comfortable running 10:70's on it.

It is a decent drag racer, I have put in pass after pass mostly stopping when I needed a break, not the bike. It warned up, but the return back to the staging lanes was enough to cool it back down. I was trying to keep the temp under 190 as I rolled to the line, and that was in TX in August last time I had it out.

A factory quickshifter would be nice.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I ran my 1200 S at East Coast Timing Association in Wilmington Oh.Ran a 151.391.A record in stock production class. A standing start one mile coarse at a airport.

·
Registered
163 Posts
If you want to explore top speeds, choose a bike with decent wind protection - the Monster isn't it.
Very true. The M1200R pulls harder to 200 kph but the smaller 959 Panigale takes over from there as a result of higher RPM's and aerodynamics.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts