Ducati.org forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I'm in Hamilton, Ontario, but can meet up in the GTA if anyone can/is willing to reset my service message?

I've done a little reading on it...seems do-able with JP Diag and cables, but i thought i would see if anyone local already has the cables and can quickly reset the message.

willing to pay for you time..

btw, i have a 2009 848.

thanks

·
Registered
12,933 Posts
You'd need JP Diag, and a license from the writer to have the software talk to your particular motorcycle. I use ScanTwin 5X for Android as it'll talk to any motorcycle. If I was local to you, I'd reset it for you.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks for the quick reply Patrick, i hadn't heard of the scantwin, sounds much easier to connect/use...i'll do some reading up on it..

·
Registered
12,933 Posts
The Scantwin is super easy because you don't have to e-mail the JP Diag guys to get a license for your bike. It uses the same Fiat cable, a bluetooth ELM 327 OBDII reader and an app for your android phone. Turn on app, turn on motorcycle, they connect and you can do diagnostics, reset service message, TPS etc etc. As I mentioned, with the JP Diag it's not quite as easy as just finding someone with it. They have to take your serial number down, e-mail it to JP Diag for them to verify your ECU then send back the license to allow the software to communicate with your ECU.

There is also another app available called TuneECU for Android. Same basic app as Scantwin but can also be used on Triumph and KTM as well as Ducati, Moto Guzzi, MV Agusta and Benneli.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Awsome! sounds simple enough, thanks again. I'll look into ordering those cables asap. Amazon the best place for them?

·
Registered
12,933 Posts
You got it!! Go to google play on your Android device, put in TuneECU and it should be first up. I believe it costs $13.99 but is well worth it. I can't seem to find the ScanM5X that's needed but if you have an Android file manager, I can e-mail you the apk. file for it.

·
Registered
12,933 Posts
Good to hear. Glad you found the ScanM5X. Once connected to your bike it's easy to figure things out.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts