Ducati.org forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a group of four LEDs that aren't lighting up on my 2009 848 mirror. Anyone been able to disassemble the mirror (without breaking anything)?

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hmmm. It did look like the lens could pop out, but I was terrified of breaking the plastic by prying on it too hard. It looks like there is adhesive all the way around to keep water out.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I know how to get the mirror off the bike. Just trying to get the LED circuit board out from the inside of the mirror. If you go by the service manual it says it can't be done.

"The front turn signals (1) are built into the rear-view mirrors (Sect. E 1, Removal of the rear-view
mirrors) and in the event of malfunction, the mirror/turn signal assembly must be renewed as a
complete unit."

·
Registered
66 Posts
use a sharp knife and go slowly, with little pry's at a time. work your way around and you can get it out. mine was defunct from the factory, looks like the LED board didnt get trimmed right and wasnt lined up right. eventually puled the power leads out of the board. i trimmed it and re soldered everything and then just used superglue to put it back together. you can tell if you really look for it. but only i know its there.

and all of you now.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts