Ducati.org forum banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
564 Posts
I'm contemplating it, should be a nice caveat to my 848 and would serve a much greater purpose for the daily grind that I use my 848 for. Curious to see what I can expect regarding OTD pricing.

·
Registered
1,331 Posts
did dhe get white ?

No idea. Ducati are paying for it so it will be whatever turns up.
She already has the use of over 30 Ducatis from the warehouse below her office but they recently sold the 796 she has been riding and they can't get the Hyperstrada low enough for her to feel comfortable. She's not keen on superbikes either so has been riding a Monster 1200 until the 821 arrives. Might even be there now, I've not talked to her much since she got back from world Ducati week.

My sister works here :)

Attachments

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
She already has the use of over 30 Ducatis from the warehouse below her office but they recently sold the 796 she has been riding and they can't get the Hyperstrada low enough for her to feel comfortable. She's not keen on superbikes either so has been riding a Monster 1200 until the 821 arrives. Might even be there now, I've not talked to her much since she got back from world Ducati week.

Very cool...if it does show up soon maybe she can let us know what she thinks of it .

·
Registered
27 Posts
yep i'm waiting on the Dark Monster. they are on show on the 16th in canada and when i phoned the Oakville location they said it will arrive 1 week before or a good few days before the 16th of august.

·
Registered
27 Posts

Would your sister know an exact date of arrival?

·
Registered
1,331 Posts
Would your sister know an exact date of arrival?
I will ask her tomorrow. I've not had much contact this week as they are all hectic after returning from WDW.

Arrival at your dealer will not be the same as arrival at Ducati UK however. There is every chance they have 821's there now as they need to prep bikes for journalists to ride around the circuit next door.

Her bike won't technically be 'hers' it will be a press demo bike but it's kind of known in the office that as they need her to ride for her job and the Monster is her preferred bike, then she gets first dibs on one for a year :)

I think you can see her previous bike in the background of this pic, next to the Panigale R.
Hard to tell from this pic but there will rarely be less than 30 new model Ducatis in there and anyone who works there can take one home. Best trick is drive in Friday morning, leave early on the bike of your choice and have a great weekend at home before riding back on Monday. Yea, I'm very envious.

Attachments

·
Registered
27 Posts
Nice job she has then:) so you guys are in the uk? We are in canada and it seems like it will be premiered on the 16th so they should have it a week in advance of that day for us who bought it:) cant wait to be honest all I do is watch 821 videos now

·
Registered
7 Posts
My Monster 821 is sitting in a crate at the dealers. Picking it up next Thursday which is the earliest they could get it ready

·
Registered
7 Posts
Collected earlier today. Sounds awesome! First impressions are great but then I've only done 40 miles on it so it is too early to tell. Finding neutral is a bit of a pig but hopefully that will ease the more it is run in.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts