Ducati.org forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
From memory my APS sensor has been replaced around 5 times now. Last one was approx 500 klm ago. Just had 15000klm service done and ridden another 200klm. Check engine lights come on again as well as the red rev lights. Yippy.
How many times should such a fault happen before its beyond a joke? I'm about to run out of warrenty soon. So does that mean Once out of warrenty I'm going to be out of pocket continuously for a failt thats plagued this bike from the beginning :BoomSmilie_anim:

·
Registered
24 Posts
I also had a similar issue it was the throttle sensor which may be the same thing. But the engine light goes off randomly. Pain in the ass. Did you put on an aftermarket exhaust? The dealer told me i need to do an ECU flash and that it will stop going off, however this would void the warranty and is pricey.

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yeah the APS is the throttle. Very early on in ownership ducati put a termi up map on the bike although I only have stock exhaust. This was done as the bike had become near un-rideable which they later diagnosed as wireing issue. I just cant understand how an APS sensor could fail so easily.

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Started bike up. No engine light showing. Go to ride, hit bump immediately check engine light and all rev lights go red. Turn off, start up to tide home same thing on a corner. Repeat process. Only rode for about 3 klm.. looks like its off to the shop again.. ive lost total faith in this bike which sucks as its financed so I have no option then to keep it

·
Registered
295 Posts
Started bike up. No engine light showing. Go to ride, hit bump immediately check engine light and all rev lights go red. Turn off, start up to tide home same thing on a corner. Repeat process. Only rode for about 3 klm.. looks like its off to the shop again.. ive lost total faith in this bike which sucks as its financed so I have no option then to keep it
That sucks.

Clearly a loose connection somewhere :(

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
APS replaced again. Actually was 2000klm ago it got replaced.
Be interesting what happens if this happens again when doing 110klm/h down the motorway with a car up my arse, and the bike suddenly loses all power and falls into limp mode..
Surely this is classed a possible major safety issue

·
Registered
3 Posts
Good day sir, do you have a picture of the said connector that you replaced with?
This connector. I tried cleaning and pinching it but the problem reappeared intermittently. I decided to cut it off and solder the connection directly. It is now working flawlessly. You must be careful though if your connection will be affected by steering movement.
Hand Finger Motor vehicle Thumb Bumper

Motor vehicle Automotive lighting Automotive tire Finger Automotive exterior

·
Registered
3 Posts
Automotive tire Automotive lighting Hood Motor vehicle Automotive design

I had to add an extension to the wires because they are slightly corroded near the connector. I used a slightly larger gauge for the extension. I also separated the six wires in twos with braided protector to improve flexibility where there is wire movement. Good luck to your repair. It was frustrating but worth it.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts