Ducati.org forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys.

I am looking at buying a HM1100 SP done 3,000km's.

The bike is super clean but I am suspect about the low km's, I brought a car years ago to find out later it had the km's turned back.

So I am just trying to cover my bases with the following questions.

1) Cluster Changed - I know with the later model Harley's that the km's the bike has covered from new is stored in the ECU so if you replace the Speedo with a new one it will still display the current km's the bike has done from new. Is this the same with the HM1000

2) Speedo Cable (if it has a cable) - I have heard some people just disconnect the speedo cable on some bikes, is this the case with the HM1000 or does it throw up an error code. There is no code up at the moment which I guess the seller could of removed before putting the bike up for sale.

Thanks.

· Banned
263 Posts
agreed could be
i did buy a 94 600 monster with 12,000 kms on it !
and was verified by my mech! and the general condition of the bike

any way to find out the service history as
depending on what year it was made it will have needed or will need to have belts/valves etc done to it

· Registered
12,981 Posts
I believe with Ducati the mileage is stored in the instrument cluster as ECU's can get switched around a bit when changing out certain exhausts. A lot of Ducati's are purchased and hardly ridden. Kind of like a status symbol and not a play toy.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.